Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Filled some gaps for the future GB's and then some. 20% off at Eduard:

Screenshot 2023-11-29 122437.png

If there is upcoming Bf 109 (any variant) GB I would consider joining.

I am preparing to build the Eduard Bf 109G-6 1/48 kit. Rounding up all my supplies.
I have the Tamiya 1:48 version (with Kubelwagen by he way). Let me know when you start. I'm done on the GB60 stuff and looking for something to do. Would be interesting to compare the two. especially if doing the same campaign details! It's either that or start the 1:32 190 F-8 I picked up at the model show in San Marcos last fall?? Which kit number do you have?

I have the Tamiya 1:48 version (with Kubelwagen by he way). Let me know when you start. I'm done on the GB60 stuff and looking for something to do. Would be interesting to compare the two. especially if doing the same campaign details! It's either that or start the 1:32 190 F-8 I picked up at the model show in San Marcos last fall?? Which kit number do you have?

Kit number 82111

I'm not starting before January/February. I fly to Germany in two and half weeks for family Christmas/New Year's vacation. So all I am doing now is rounding up all my paints and supplies.

IMG_1460.jpeg
IMG_1461.jpeg
IMG_1462.jpeg

Kit number 82111

I'm not starting before January/February. I fly to Germany in two and half weeks for family Christmas/New Year's vacation. So all I am doing now is rounding up all my paints and supplies.

View attachment 749356
View attachment 749357
View attachment 749358
Nice one, except for maybe the 'spiral' spinner decals! If you are game, I'll make a suggestion (I think I just did!) to the powers that be, to start a mini-GB for this series of 109's. Would be fun! I suspect there are a lot of members that have a 109 G-6 in their stash and just itching for someplace to justify a build?? If not I'll start mine at the same time and we can have our own mini GB...

Wish I could join you on the Germany trip. Not to visit your relatives, but to connect with the grandson 'stuck' in Stuttgart with his father. First time away from family for these holidays. Have fun. Reunions with German relatives are like no other (most people don't understand this).

Nice one, except for maybe the 'spiral' spinner decals! If you are game, I'll make a suggestion (I think I just did!) to the powers that be, to start a mini-GB for this series of 109's. Would be fun! I suspect there are a lot of members that have a 109 G-6 in their stash and just itching for someplace to justify a build?? If not I'll start mine at the same time and we can have our own mini GB...

Wish I could join you on the Germany trip. Not to visit your relatives, but to connect with the grandson 'stuck' in Stuttgart with his father. First time away from family for these holidays. Have fun. Reunions with German relatives are like no other (most people don't understand this).

Stuttgart, that is where I will be. My mom and dad, and my wife's family all live there or that area.

Unfortunately there are no opportunities for 109 builds in this round of GBs until the summer of 2025 - unless someone does the T version in the carrier based GB. Yeah, it sucks for me too. Also have a FW190 I can't fit in either.

Unfortunately there are no opportunities for 109 builds in this round of GBs until the summer of 2025 - unless someone does the T version in the carrier based GB. Yeah, it sucks for me too. Also have a FW190 I can't fit in either.
Informal then?? Just for fun and challenge? No official judging, but member input could be solicited. Hey! We are all here to build and show off our results, what a better way to promote comradery and clear out the stash pile up; restocking is as much fun as well!!

I assume I can initiate a challenge on my own? Got to remember I'm a child of the 60's.

F the establishment. or whatever!

So much to do and so many planes to build, the days are crammed with chores and fun......................................................and I thought retirement would be a quiet walk in the park.! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Retirement??/ Please define! I 'officially' retired after 30+ years 30 years ago. Kept on working though, last 40 hr employment was 2 years age, at age 78.; So...now what do I do?? Time and age have reduced many activities. Mainly now, light lifting, short distances (walking) and keeping out of the wife's way are the order of the day. Perfect fit for bench times and cooking. Enjoy what 'you can do now', for these may not last forever (weak excuse for adding to the stash!!).

Ralph Haus Ralph Haus Ralph, you could float your 109/190 idea here..... Group Builds - Unofficial
Great idea. I'll wait until the first of the year once Chris returns from his travels and offer a challange to the group to participate in a 109G-6 build. Not sure how to create a general thread whereas members can post sub threads? May be over thinking? But it seems that it would be fun, at least for the two of us, to participate in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back