Recent Purchases (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not a recent purchase, but one that I want..... There were over 23.000 Swedes fightning on both sides and on all fronts during WWI and WWII, a h*ll lot more than I expected!

Attachments

• Svenskar i Krig 1914-1945.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Ah! I understand now - the mention of Ark Royal made me think it was the RN Phantom kit!
It is possible to convert an F4J to a the FG1 or FGR2, but it's a heck of a lot of work, as I found out (before the Hasegawa kit was released) in both 1/48th and 1/32nd scales.
The nose radome is similar to the 'J', but everything else is different! The fuselage and intakes are wider, and fuselage deeper at the rear, with a pronounced downward sweep on the underside, forward of and leading to the jet pipes. The latter are of wider diameter, a different shape and shorter, and then there are many detail and internal differences, plus the extended landing gear, auxiliary doors top and bottom etc!
It's much easier to get the Hasegawa kit or, if you want to save a bit of cash, one of their RAF FG1 kits, which were ex- Royal Navy birds taken on by the RAF when the Navy stopped fixed wing conventional jet flying.

It's a very long story old boy! Goes back to the early 1960's, and the requirement for F111's and Phantoms for the RAf, and the latter for the RN too. Hmm - always fancied doing a RAF F111 as it might have looked by about the mid-1980's.....

Hi,
this is my today purchase in 1:32 scale

Also purchased Aires kit ref. 2017 to build the DB 605 engine.
I will do a machine with Italian ANR markings.
Not yet decided if it will be a G-14 or G-10, but I have time to think about: i still have to complete the Spitfire and the Macchi C 200
Cheers
Alberto

Two MiG-21 kits of Condor......occasionally.

Attachments

• ko7201.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 76
  • ko7207.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 77
Nice Wojtek. Are you preparing for Cold War GB?
Can you write what's your opinion on this Condor MiG-21s? I was considering to get myself one Condor MiG-21bis but I heard they are of rather poor quality, from zero cockpit details to very shallow panel lines. They are rather cheap though.

Yep ... that's true. At a glance these models look nice and can be a good base for models of the Fishbed.Cockpits interiors are really basic with decals for the pilot panels and side ones as well. The cockpiit conopies are quite thin but of a little bit yellowish tonality I think. Simply the transparent plastic was moulded with too big temeperature in my opinion.But it is not a problem. The panel lines are really very thin but not too shallow as these models are of 1/72 scale. I haven't checked their layout yet.But these seem to go correctly.ALso I haven't compared the shape of the main parts to drawings.However the bays of the main landing gear are too shallow I have to check out a few detail more but the kit for the bis variant looks really like the MiG21 bis but not MF like the Academy one for instance. With some sanding and corrections they can be nice models.
I have to make your focus on decals. My MiG-21 bis was packed into a box of another top box art. The decal sheet of markings is different from the one with the top-box art above.There are markings for Polish MiG21bis that aren't mentioned in the painting instruction.Also the decal sheet for the the Mig21UM kit.So I suggest checking contents of these kits.

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing you cast your magic wand over these Wojtek ! got myself a 1/48th scale MiG21 for the Cold war GB, and looking forward to starting it. All the stuff you sent me on the MiG will be really useful!

Users who are viewing this thread