Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've been looking at those kits on eBay as they pop up. Almost put in a bid on one a few days ago. You'll have to tell me how good of a kit it id Aaron

Glenn, it looks to have a boat load of detail. You can have several panels open, gun bays and what not, and you can also have the engine out on a stand. I'd like to check and see what's available as far as detail parts.

Went to the LHS to get some paint and cement, and was just in time to see Iris unpacking the latest delivery, including this!
I didn't even know it was planned, and apparently it was released on 19 December.
First impressions are that it owes a lot (probably all) to the out of production Academy kit, with the same minor inaccuracies, but this kit includes parts and decals for the F.Mk6 and FGA9, plus 'export' versions.
I'll post a full review later tonight, once I've compared it to the Academy offering.

Attachments

• Can Jan 529.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 53
Airframes this hunter is + nice.

euskadi today is a holiday in the lorentzero, a woodcutter who in these days handing down wood and coal to the poor to withstand the cold these days, when he died was concrete all day serioa euskadi this holiday in his honor and give gifts among friends and acquaintances.
because as I have only my wife and my daughter and they are Catalan and ignore this century-old tradition started in 1815 if bad memory because I have done some very cool gifts I present to you

b-1

su-2

isuzu tx-40 fuel truck

T-26 1939 finland

j1n3 gekko "irving" nicht fighter

samoa

isu 85

jagdpanther

beech bonanza v35

SB-2 spanish republican katyuska

awacs sentry

ferdinand

elephant

thaaaaaatttttttt'ssssssthat's all friends

Good hauls there D !
Karl, it is the Academy kit, but with extra parts and decals to make one of 6 versions. It's SRP at £25, but just in today at Model Hobbies for about £22 (same as the LHS), not bad when you consider both Academy kits retailed for around £15+ each four or five years ago. And of course the bonus of different versions, and an excellent Italeri (Cartograf?) decal sheet.

hmmm, I wasn't aware of this Italeri Hunter kit being out there either (they didn't make a big deal out of it in terms of marketing it on their site or something), but this sure looks interesting. I'm still looking to add an F.6A (N-294 of the Dutch Hawker Hunter Foundation) to my display case as it's based near my hometown

Good one Karl.
Jelmer, the Italeri Hunter kit has decals for a Dutch aircraft - details will be in a mini-review I'll post later tonight.

Based on the boxart I gathered as much...although Italeri for some reason has the has a bit of a habit of messing up Dutch roundels, so when the time comes I'll prolly turn to an after market sheet covering various Dutch airworthy 'museum' A/C

Technically no purchase but a trade with a fellow model builder who lives nearby. A few kits changed owners and were replaced by these

Truth be told, 95% of the subjects I build models of are WW2 era prop a/c, but after watching the brutal power of the MiG29 last summer and (after looking into it) the nice selection of interesting and challenging color schemes out there a smaller scale MiG 29 seemed like an interesting subject for a change.

Again, jets are generally not my thing, but there's a few exceptions. The French Super-Etendard being one of 'em. I've got a few ideas for this baby already

Plus in addition a message from the Webshop I ordered the Italeri P-40M/N from the other day. Turns out that kit sold out shortly before I ordered it (and for some reason there are problems with the kit supplier of Italeri, so the chance obtaining that kit some soon weren't too big ...so he offered to send me the 1/48 Hasegawa P-40N in stead for the Italeri price (including a special promo-set of Dutch markings specially made for that webshop) Well, thats what I call an offer I couldn't refuse

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread