Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

nice Wayne, was actually looking at that kit the other day, but thought if i got one i'd need a Betty yo go with it !!!!!!

Wish Tamiya would do the Betty and Ohka combo.....problem is the late version had some distinct differences that they probably aren't prepared to tool up for...:(

These three arrived today:

Italeri 1/72 F-14, factory sealed, 99 cents
ItaleriF14172.gif

These two arrived as a combo for $4.25
KPMig21172.gif

MatchboxMig21172.gif

Bought this kit since it was on X-mas discount at the LHS. I guess the Hasegawa P-40 series are the gold standard, but based on what I've seen of this kit there's still a very good looking model to be made out of this ex-AMT kit. Comes with markings for no less then six a/c (a Dutch one among them). With my P-40 TOmahawk put on hold for a bit (cause I need to figured out what I want to do with certain inaccuracies that come with that kit) this might be a good substitute for the foreign service GB without deviating too much from my original subject.

P-40M.N%20-%20Kittyhawk%20Mk.IV%20Italeri%201;48%20nw%20001.jpg

Jelmer, it's been at least two weeks since you bought a kit! What the hell man! Last one this year? :lol:

It's been a little while yeah, prolly the last purchase this year indeed ;) ...with a few days off coming up I was rather looking forward to do some building rather then buying. I do want to turn this P-40 into a Dutch a/c but prolly not 'Wham Bam' as provided by the kit decals. There's a few a/c that flew in the post-war years that had a rather funky scheme of Olive drab and patches of bare metal up to almost the whole rear fuselage being bare metal. I need to print a few new decals to make that happen though, but it would make a good subject for the 'foreign service' GB I think. Something like this:

02.jpg

04.jpg

Profiles courtesy of Flevo Decals

Last edited:
Some good catches there guys.
This punch set arrived from Amazon today. Not as precision made as the Waldron sets, but good enough for my needs, and at approximately £5 (about $7.5) I'm happy !

Attachments

• Can Jan 526.jpg
    Can Jan 526.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 49
my latest acquisitions
1 pics 50 22ml pots
2 pics 20 boats 3 in 1 for cleaning airbrushes
3 pics 6 as-189 4 as186 and 2 as18a compressors
4 and 5 pics my last airbrush-116 b ab 0'4mm shutter with spare parts for 0.3, 0.2 and 0.17 mm
6 pics cleaner airbrushes 5 of each
7 pics four airbrushes 10 ab-130, 2 ab-181, 10 ab-180k and 10 ab -130k

d5b003e2.gif

87eb6b91.gif

57bd2be5.gif

f12bf26b.jpg

610fe497.gif

6c7ad408.gif

Got these in the mail yesterday. Luftwaffe models and RAF decals. 109 is gonna be over all blue. Heard the V-1 had dimension issues. Going to search the webs to see how hard it is to correct or might just build it as is and beg the forums forgiveness. Two questions. Did the RAF test drive the V-1 and would this qualify as a GB12 build?
my stuff.JPG

Geo

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back