Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Its Monogram during its hey day, great detail, nice interiors, cool pilots, even the landing gear and wheels now had detail.

That panther is sweet, and he just got a roomate!

Just arrived, cost me $11.99, but that is dirt cheap for a 1/48 F4 phantomC/D!

Great service from your supplier there Jelmer.
True Terry. Although I think he felt he owed me one. My previous order (back in september) went south for one reason or the other, and for some two months on end I tried to contact him to sort it out, but to no avail really. I wasn't until I got to talk to a fellow model builder at ESM (EuroScaleModelling) in late October who turned out to be a close friend of the supplier that I got things moving in the right direction. I got my order in the end, but needless to say I wasn't totally happy how all that went down. Had it been my first order it would prolly also have been the last, but I've placed countless orders (and they all were delivered very fast and without problems) prior to the one that went wrong, so I have it another try.

Last edited:
Two arrived for Christmas, this Alpha Moonbase is factory sealed, went for 9.99, the A 20 is a build kit, that went for $8.

Recent hauls from Christmas and my birthday

Attachments

• PC206118.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 48
  • PC206120.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 47
  • PC206121.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 47
  • PC206124.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 50
  • PC206125.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 48
  • PC206127.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 48
  • PC276142.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 47
  • PC276144.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 46
  • PC276147.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 51
  • PC276148.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 50
Nice haul right there! Me like the Vampire and the F3F. The P-36 is nice too. Gotta get me one of those sometime as well. I find a nice and shiny NMF scheme or maybe a Vichy French scheme works well for the P-36

nice buys !

cant wait for my haul to arrive so i can show it off !!!!!!!
have ordered
Revell B-25 j
Hasegawa P-40 M finnish markings
Hasegawa Fw190 A-3
Eduard lysander profile pack
Airfix E.E Lightning
Italeri Hunter F6
Airfix spitfire MkXII
Airfix spitfire F22/24
Airfix spitfie Vc/seafire III x 2
Academt P-40 C AVG
Eduard Bf 108 weekend edition
Tamiya Ki-84

every thing in 1/48 scale

plus the Italeri Hs 129 B-2 and 2x Ialeri Hurricane MkI's i got before hand
pics asap after they arrive

Last edited:
Some impressive stuff there guys!
Glenn, I'd be interested to know what the Vampire is like overall; I'd expect some basic interior and other areas from Hobbycraft, but their general parts mouldings are normally OK, and a good basis for a nice model.
I went out to get some drill bits today, and found that Halfords (UK auto-parts and tools outlet) had some good offers. The mini rotary tool was approximately 40% less than the prices advertised at all of the modelling tool outlets I've looked at.

Attachments

• Can Jan 541.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Can Jan 542.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 46
Nice Terry, what's the hammer for, another Buccaneer kit?
Glenn, I'd be interested to know what the Vampire is like overall; I'd expect some basic interior and other areas from Hobbycraft, but their general parts molding are normally OK, and a good basis for a nice model.
It's a pretty basic kit, but what's there looks pretty good, nicely molded panel lines ect. Lot's of room for scratch-building the interior. What annoyed me was the decal options. Iraq 1955 and Zimbabwe 1982. Not a RAF scheme in the box!

Nice Terry, what's the hammer for, another Buccaneer kit?

Or maybe to give every Wildcat kit in town that extra special treatment (or at least I think I read somewhere it was Terry who 'liked' the 'ole F4F so much)

I think I have the same motor tool BTW (same device, different brand). Was dead cheap here as well, but I think it can be 'upgraded' with special Dremel bits as needed

Users who are viewing this thread