Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Whit!? Nae purchases since the 9th...? Ridiculous! I've bought these for your future groupbuild, the 109K-4 from Hasegawa, decals from EagleCals and the Dora-9 from Tamiya.....might buy the Tamiya 262A-1a with decals from EagleCals to do Heinz Bar's 13 at a later date....see what the bank have to say after X-mas!

Attachments

• HAJT063.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 32
  • EAG48063.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 29
  • TA61087.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 44%20cover.gif
    36.4 KB · Views: 34
  • TA61041.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 29
Heinz, maybe it's the FW 190 D-13/R11 W.Nr. 836017 "Yellow 10" that you're thinking about....I remember that there's been some discussion, somewhere, about it not having the correct wing....that it had been swapped at some point during its life....

Attachments

• yellow20.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 32
  • yellow13.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 28
  • yellow12.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 37
  • yellow09.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 31
  • yellow06.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 33
  • yellow21.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 35
Found this..."The shell ejection chute of the Tamiya kit is wrong because it is based on the Fw 190D-13 wings. There is only one hole under the central wing, so the MDC parts are used to correct this area. Great care is required for this operation because when you remove this part, the center wings become very fragile."

Which reminds me, wasn't the Tamiya D-9 based on this "Yellow 10"?

Focke-Wulf Fw 190D-9 by Franck Oudin.

Another...."For the wings, I had to correct several panel lines which were omitted in Tamiya's 190D-9. I used Parts and Accessories' flaps and Cutting Edge's control surfaces. Fitting the flaps was pretty tricky and required many hours with my dremel tool. The flaps themselves required a lot of careful bending and assembly, but the details were excellent."

Focke-Wulf Fw 190D-9
Superdetailing the Big Tail Dora by Doowan Lee.

Yet another...."However, despite its more accurate profile, Trimaster/Dragon/Italeri's Doras suffer from the same incorrect wheel well as the Tamiya kits."

Focke-Wulf Fw 190D-9 by Doowan Lee.

Came across this one now...."
The Tamiya Fw-190D-9 kit is inaccurate because it was made from the Air Force Museum airplane, which means that it has the Fw-190D-13 wing (distinguishable from the D-9 by the single shell ejector port for the fuselage armament). The kit has numerous other inaccuracies such as a prop and spinner that look like nothing ever attached to any Focke-Wulf, landing gear that is 1/8" too short, and enclosed wheel wells. Fortunately Bob Stephenson with his "Wurger Mechanic" correction and conversion sets has come up with the way to make the kit into either an accurate Fw-190D-9 (this set is released by Eagle Editions), or - with full-fuselage resin conversion parts - into an Fw-190D-11 or this Fw-190D-13. Bruce Radebaugh's "Parts 'r' Parts" has a correct resin engin plug and wheel well center section, as well as newly-made resin landing gear consisting of gear legs and doors that correct the Tamiya parts. All of these parts are so well-made they can easily be confused with injection-molded plastic parts..."

Now, where to find and buy these things....

Tamiya 1/48 Fw-190D-13

All true.....but remember...for the general population...."if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck"

The kit is easy to put together and still builds into a reasonable representation as is with low impact to your hip pocket! However there are corrections and enhancements available, as Jan has shown, if you wish to raise the bar...and make the improvements but it will cost you the equivalent of another kit or two to do so....

Just bl**dy noticed this, didn't see it first....!

"The Würger Mechanic
Fw190 resin conversions

As of 30 September 2004 orders will no longer be taken."

(Insert you choice or choices of curses here)

Er...cough...what's the word? Ah, yes, B****cks!!
Look what I just bought!
As usual, Tel boy finds out too b****y late!
Ah well, never mind!
Also got this little thingy. After getting over a giggling fit when I opened the box and saw what looked like something that had fallen out of a cereal packet, I took a closer look at this almost-ready-built kit, and the detail is very good, as are the decals and colour scheme info. Bear in mind, it's well over 25 years since I did a 1/72nd scale kit, and then, panel lines looked like the Maginot line!
Problem is, the A8 is for the Group Build, and it is going to be a little more work than anticipated, in order to make something 'different', due to the 'solid' fuselage and wings.
So, when you are all stuffed with turkey on Christmas day, apart from Jan, who will be stuffed with single malt, you can all have a good laugh, visualising me, and my hands, struggling with a tiny 1/72nd scale kit, after years of 1/48th and bigger!
Go on, laugh, I know you're dying to!!!
EDIT: Had to change I/net connections, area having problems, so hopefully, here're the pics!

Attachments

• NEW 017.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 29
  • NEW 002.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 34
  • NEW 003.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 35
  • NEW 005.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 33
  • NEW 011.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 31

Users who are viewing this thread