Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Don't think so BB, but then, a conta-propped Spit didn't go into full production. The one that's on the air show circuit uses a Griffon engine and prop direct from a Shackleton, and is more of a hybrid.

BB, I have a 'scale Aviation modeller' magazine article (Vol.7 Iss.6, june 2001), where Bill Clark made a Spitfire F.21 with contra-rotating prop in 1:48 scale.
He combined the Aeroclub F.21 conversion kit fueslage (the one designed for the Airfix Mk.22/24 kit - they make two conversion sets for the F.21), with the wings and contra-rotating prop from the Airfix Seafire Mk.46/47.

If you want a copy of that article, drop us your address in a PM!

Evan

Thanks for the info guys i think i may have bitten of more than i can chew with this one. cheers evan having now seen whats involved in building this beast i don,t think i will be doing it just yet got to get in the right frame of mind for that sort of job.BB (Chris)

No worries Chris! Although Bill Clark mentioned how due to the good quality of the Aeroclub conversion parts it went together without a problem, so it might not be as hard as you think!

I recently brought this ,but the ###### of a seller hasn't contacted me .Its been nearly a week! For F##K sakes

I'm gonna be so pissed if don't get this model

Attachments

• 86261043_full[1].jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 42
I hope so too ,Just wanted a Beau in that scheme

I've read though some other company have just released an MK.X so I'm assuming those molds maybe better ...maybe a good thing this guy doesn't want to complete the trade!

cheers Wayne ,although I'm pretty sure this guy doesn't want to complete the trade now

sent him a few emails and no reply oh well no real loss to me!

Re the Beaufighter, Daniel, Airfix still do their TF.X (short nosed version), and in the 'too expensive for me' category, Hasegawa released a number of versions in 1:72 - they were selling for $40 AUD when I was last there in 2001!!!

Its why I buy second hand mate(In fact I can't remember the last time I brought a brand new model)

That last hasegawa Beaufighter I brought I got for$23NZD I think

Which is actually pretty good and bloody reasonable me thinks

I got the henschel for $7.50 ,still sealed ,fairly old airfix kit

I found that campany that makes a MK.X variant and its selling for something like 50 pounds!

Bloody rediculous ,sad thing is I'm keen to get my hands on some more beau's .Those hasegawa ones with RAAF box art look bloody good

Users who are viewing this thread