Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I kind of stumbled upon that Catalina, when I look for kits I just kind of pick what I want to build, no particular preferences. All I saw was this nice sized box called the Catalina for $31 US and I said I have to get it! (All the other 1/48 large planes were like $80+ and yeah im not at that level of modeling yet with my wallet ) We'll see how she turns out though..

These two are on their way

B 17G Academy so I can use the profiles I got with the nose art version.

And the Revell (Matchbox) Halifax, its been on my to buy list for a while.

Cheers

Nice buys Maglar - Lucky will be after you for that Catalina!.......
OK, it's about £25, but that's how much it was when I bought one, back in 1986! If that had been a particular (British) company, it would be twice that price now!......

There's always room for a fifth Catalina Terry! Could always make a RN, a Kiwi or an Aussie one, right lads?

As for that British company that you keep mentioning, could it be Airfox?

Nice buys chaps!8)

Nice buys Alex! The Halifax kit is a beaut, although the panel lines will need some attention. If you're interested, I have a magazine article from when the Matchbox kit was first released, circa 1982, which describes one of the actual aircraft featured in the kit, and gives the correct interior colours for the aircraft built at different factories. At the time, I was living about 500 yard from one of the factories (Fairey) and a neighbour worked there.
Give me a shout if you need a copy of the article mate.
Jan, as for that British company, in the words of a character from a popular political TV drama from a few years ago (House of Cards) "I couldn't possibly say!"

Haha, the hobby shop had the colors for it too, it should be a good one! I looked into the stuka and I must say I am ready for it, love the wing design and the pilot / gunner.. I want to buy that plane that you use on the COD5 mission in the ocean. Cant remember the name but its can land on water, it was used to rescue sailors, and had a radio operator and multiple gun positions. I'm sure on of you will pop it into mind!

Most likely, I got to finish the Corsair I started though.. putty stage at the moment.. Hey treb! \/

Attachments

• PICT0522.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 33
  • PICT0523.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 45
  • PICT0524.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 29
  • PICT0525.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 29
Its the biggest beast i've ever tackled, I thought the 1/48 B15 Flying Mitchell had size, this babe is huge! [I don't see any pilots or gunmen, damnit!]

Well I didnt know that ofcourse haha . I do read the info bits on the instructions sheet though, collect a bit at a time!

Just scrolled through the instruction book, yet again Revell pleases me with great details and precise instructions on painting and all the options, solid!

PS: I will be doing a start / finish build on this, as for smaller planes probably not since there is not a lot to cover

Users who are viewing this thread