Remembrance Day/Veteran's Day/Memorial Day

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

To those no longer with us...
usmc.gif

Semper Fi!

our Rememberance Day is always November 11th but it's never a public holiday, however it is an incredibly well respected day, the British Legion have a poppy appeal in which almost everyone buys a poppy and wears it for a few weeks to commemorate the fallen in all conflicts, and at 11am a 2 minute silence is held all across the country, and pretty much everysingle person sticks to it as the country falls motionless for 2 minutes, they even stop planes landing at major airports, no matter what people are doing they'll stop and remember the dead, then on the nearest sunday (Rememberance Sunday) a televised memorial service is held in Pal Mall i believe, which always attracts high viewing figures, i always try and watch, i think it's because of the fact it's just a silence and not a day off that so many more people reconise it...........

We normally get into Class A uniforms and go and visit cemetaries and lay wreaths. I will not participating this year due to a prior engagement that I am having.

I have allways been a strong believer in Memorial Day and believe that it is one the most sacred hollidays that this country has, however since I am serving in the Military now have been to war and back it means a whole lot more to me than it ever did.

the lancaster kicks *** said:
our Rememberance Day is always November 11th but it's never a public holiday, however it is an incredibly well respected day, the British Legion have a poppy appeal in which almost everyone buys a poppy and wears it for a few weeks to commemorate the fallen in all conflicts, and at 11am a 2 minute silence is held all across the country, and pretty much everysingle person sticks to it as the country falls motionless for 2 minutes, they even stop planes landing at major airports, no matter what people are doing they'll stop and remember the dead, then on the nearest sunday (Rememberance Sunday) a televised memorial service is held in Pal Mall i believe, which always attracts high viewing figures, i always try and watch, i think it's because of the fact it's just a silence and not a day off that so many more people reconise it...........
Pretty much the same here, except there's no such thing as Remembrance Sunday. Here it's just the November 11th ceremonies. Same poppy drive and everything else though, by the Royal Canadian Legion.

Thanks, vets. We owe ya big time. :salute:

I still need to make my Tribute to all the soldiers that have served in the War in Terrorism, I am still sifting though all my pictures that I have taken though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back