Reports on IJN

ppopsie

Senior Airman
461
9
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Location
East end
Hi!
Been shifted my attention to the ships for a while, I run into this website. Maybe somebody had put it up already. Try at report #A-11 on the top of the list for some details on the Japanese carriers.

REPORTS OF THE U.S. NAVAL TECHNICAL MISSION TO JAPAN
 
Hi ppopsie. Not quite a reply to your post but I'm doing next a 1/500 scale Hiryu and have found a book with good detail on plane markings but am so far not able to find many pictures of the Hiryu. Can you help or direct me somewhere that can?

Thanks

Sean
 
Hiryu:
I wish I could but not being a ship maina I don't know of better sources for Hiryu and other IJN carriers than the already published ones. It is amazing that they burned almost of ALL the photos of the ships (and planes) right after the war's end. I can only say that the Document A-11 is the first ever document in which I saw and read some of the details of the carriers of ours.

Micdrow-sama,
>Ahhh yes
Yes. I am recently annoyed with shortage of time to read documents and books and even to look at this site. And I got early this month two volumes out of five of British Aviation written by Harald Penrose. They are good books!
 
A great site:shock:

Thanks for your introduction, ppopsie.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back