Request information on BMW 801

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Feel free to come back if you need another page on one aspect we forgot.

Sorry I forgot about Dietrich Schwenke`s intelligence review on enemy engines, this might help a little for comparisons.

View attachment 740800

Kolbenflachenleistung = Power per unit piston area
Mittlere Kolbengeschwindigkeit = Mean Piston Speed
Forderhohe = Rated Altitude (that at which maximum power is still achievable)
Nennladedruck = Supercharger Boost Pressure, this is not well defined but is probably take off boost (in absolute german technical atmospheres)
Hochstladedruck = Maximum emergency combat boost pressure (in absolute german technical atmospheres)
Finally, I would like to ask if you have more charts or tables of this kind that would allow me to compare the BMW 801 C model with other World War II engines.

As I've mentioned in this post before, I'm working on a school project about the BMW 801 engine. In order to include the information, I need to cite it and state its source. Would you mind telling me where you obtained the curves and data you showed me, please? If you don't know or don't remember, I can always state that you, as an expert on the subject, provided me with the information, but I would need your permission.
I dont have time to go and see out which files I got these from (I have thousands). If you need to cite it just give the name of my book and state "correspondance with author".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back