Rescribing tools?

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
54,764
40,097
Joined
Aug 21, 2006
Location
In my castle....
Managed to an extent without them, but now....I need to buy some, so in short....

Which is the ones to invest in? 🤨🤔

IMG_20191222_050558.jpg
 
My 3
IMG_2214.jpg


The blades for the Tamiya scriber are made by Olfa by the way in case you didn't know it.
 
I use the Trumpeter engraver , the JLC saw blade and thin needles.

trumpeter engraver.jpg

JLC saw_.jpg

igla.jpg

the pic source: the net
 
While I sometimes use knives and pins, I find them to be less than ideal because they tend to displace plastic rather than remove it so that every groove results in ridges on both sides. Where I can, I use these extremely fine PE saws. They remove material and leave a very fine groove.

511-533zLEL._AC_SY355_.jpg
 
Forgot about this wee beastie. Like Andy's, its more of a saw and it works great. I just used it on my tip tanks.

IMG_0001.JPG


IMG_0002.JPG


IMG_0006.JPG

​
One has to fold the blade into shape and then fit it in the handle, not included. I think several sizes of blades came in the set.
  1. When did I get it.....I dunno
  2. Who makes it.....I dunno
  3. Where's the rest of the set.....I dunno
  4. What's it for....Ha ha...I believe it was advertised as a tool to remove parts from sprue trees who's attachment points are larger than the part itself
  5. Why did I get it....it was shiny
 
Forgot about this wee beastie. Like Andy's, its more of a saw and it works great. I just used it on my tip tanks.
<snip>
One has to fold the blade into shape and then fit it in the handle, not included. I think several sizes of blades came in the set.
  1. When did I get it.....I dunno
  2. Who makes it.....I dunno
  3. Where's the rest of the set.....I dunno
  4. What's it for....Ha ha...I believe it was advertised as a tool to remove parts from sprue trees who's attachment points are larger than the part itself
  5. Why did I get it....it was shiny
I have an appointment booked for you for a past life regression therapy session
grin.gif
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back