Research - N.A. P-51 Mustang

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

richardknowlton

Recruit
Oct 2, 2009
I am looking for information on the N.A. P-51 Mustang. I am documenting the histories of each one built and am trying to document those which served with Foreign services. I am in particularly interested in those aircraft captured during WW2 and later Korean war. Any and all information such as serial, codes numbers, etc., etc.

I have ~ 500 from the 355th FG - some traced all the way to Korean War - but can't release until my book is published.

Interestingly, one of them was the KY Nat'l Guard Mustang that was lost chasing the UFO in 1947 (or 48)..

Is that the one that was mysteriously crushed and dropped out of the sky like a leaf?

I don't know what the description was - but Cpt Mantrell in 165 KYANG went in near Franklin Ky chasing a UFO.

44-63869

Sorry about size of photo - I'll try to get back later and reduce it

Attachments

• 358 YFU_Elionne-Passions Playgound_Marsh [morris].jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 92
Slightly off topic, sorry Richard. Bill, that's a great shot! That's Speke, Liverpool Airport, so presumably taken not long before departure for the 'States in 1945. The old terminal building is now a theme hotel, as the runways have moved and a new complex erected as John Lennon International Airport.
Richard, are P51's in RAF service of interest? If so, I'll post the info I have.

Users who are viewing this thread