resin casting parts ? etc..

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

brewerjerry

Senior Airman
Mar 19, 2007
over the hill and far away
Hi All,
Anyone got any decent links to an idiots guide to resin casting 'spare' parts, ( personally thinking of merlin engine pods etc )
Likewise any links to white ? metal casting ?
Buying a model kit just for donor parts, seems to be getting expensive, so I was considering other options.
Any advice / links welcome, as i have zero knowledge on this subject, or even to relevant issues of modelling mag's.
Cheers
Jerry

Jerry if you are stateside try out a HobbyLobby store and pic a resin casting kit.The thing I did was toget there 40% coupon off the net and grab the kit which I think ran $30 before discount.The kit had all you really needed and was not that hard at all.I made some small pieces for a Daimler engine.I have also seen somthing else maybe at LSP with using legos as the holding device for mold and to split for bigger molds???Kevin

Jerry, I do what you are talking about. I am attaching some pictures of what I have done for my Spitty. cheers, Bill

Attachments

• mold.JPG
    mold.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 65
  • castings.JPG
    castings.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 76
  • elevators.jpg
    elevators.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 77

Users who are viewing this thread

Back