Revell 1:72 Scale Focke Wulf 200-C

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The progress with these engines is very good, Graham, looks very promising. :thumbleft:

On the other hand, the number of years and modeling brands from the far away Egypt is very impressive. What a good memory! ;)
It should also be clarified that in this forum there don´t exist, nor are there any elderly people, but, we have some "ancient boys", and others of us have the "accumulated youth" ... :D:notworthy::D

Saludos cordiales, amigos, colegas y contemporáneos míos. :thumbup:
I just consider myself " slightly chronologically challenged"

Very nice work in this scale.
Ammo belts can be made fairly convincingly in this scale using thick foil, such as the lead foil found on wine bottles. Cut a strip the desired width, and lay it on a flat surface. Then, using a coin with a 'milled' edge, roll it along the strip, pressing firmly. This should leave the indentations from the 'milled' edge, looking good enough to represent the rounds in 1/72 scale, then paint as needed.
Brilliant idea ! I tried it out with a bunch of different coins, A US dollar works great !

In the making it up as you go along category. The gondola or bathtub. I couldn't find any pictures of what's actually inside so I just kind of made up the interior. I also made new glazing for the front and rear. The ones in the kit were hideously thick, not very transparent and didn't fit worth a pinch. The bombs in the bomb bay are molded all in one piece as part of the floor and look kind of goofy but I used it any ways. Couldn't find enough bombs all the same size in my scrap bin to build my own, besides , when I take my readers off they don't look too goofy !

Attachments

• condola1r.jpg
    condola1r.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 108
  • condola2r.jpg
    condola2r.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 93
Ok so now some painting. I actually added a fair bit of white to tone down the RLM73 to give a bit more contrast between the two splinter colours. The Ar196 I did a while back there is hardly any difference between them at all. I also did a lot of shading with thinned out paint which worked quite well. The picture doesn't show it much but it seems to have worked fairly convincingly. The underside is RLM 65. Behold the hinkey bombs, I wish now I had decided to make some and build my own bomb bay, no turning back at this point. I ordered a set of after market decals so that's up next. Slowly clearing up some of the dinosaur kits so I can get at some of the newer kits from the Christmas score !

Attachments

• paint1r.jpg
    paint1r.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 106
  • paint3r.jpg
    paint3r.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 105
You did a good job painting with the two upper colors and the lower part. Regarding the bombs bay, I agree with Kevin and if with closeing the doors it looks better, the best decision will be yours. ;)
I will continue pending to the advances that you have us.

Saludos compadre :thumbup:
Luis Carlos

Well I'm signing off on this one finally. I wish I had paid more attention to the bomb load.I thought about cutting off the goofy looking bombs and adding a torpedo but after searching found they never carried torpedoes. I saw a few pictures with two bombs in the bay but no info on what type. From what I could find typical was a load of 12 Sc50 bombs. The kit only shows 10 bombs. I didn't feel like making 12 little bombs so I just left it as it is. At any rate I have a Condor for my WW2 Luftwaffe collection and pretty pleased with how it turned out for such a meager kit.

Attachments

• IMG_0001r.jpg
    IMG_0001r.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0004r.jpg
    IMG_0004r.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    257 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0008r.jpg
    IMG_0008r.jpg