Revell 1983 Volkswagen Golf II GTi

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Trebor

Master Sergeant
Feb 15, 2008
KCLS
my only regret is that it couldn't look neater.... :( I'm depressed about that :cry:

7df7630f.jpg

d2cacc8a.jpg

5c2a445d.jpg

a1783e63.jpg

1ae781f5.jpg

I.m with all Rob; it looks OK to me. If you're worried about getting a good result, just slow down a bit. Think about what needs to be done, and how you're going to do it, before starting the work. If you make a mistake, wait, let anything dry/set that needs too, then work out how to put it right. You're doing well mate, and practice and experience will help tremendously. Let's face it, I'm experienced, but I'm still practicising!!!

thanks a lot, man!, I'm still extremely anxious to do the German aircraft, but I have to finish these 4 other models, first XD.

Looking good! Each model helps to build new skillsets. One of these days I'm going to get back ito it m'self. If I can ever muster the patience!

I.m with all Rob; it looks OK to me. If you're worried about getting a good result, just slow down a bit. Think about what needs to be done, and how you're going to do it, before starting the work. If you make a mistake, wait, let anything dry/set that needs too, then work out how to put it right. You're doing well mate, and practice and experience will help tremendously. Let's face it, I'm experienced, but I'm still practicising!!!

Terry is absolutely correct...AND we are all still practicing and learning..no matter how many models we build!

thanks a lot, y'all! I'm really touched!

do you think I oughta spray some glosscote on that?

On the Golf? Why not, BUT - have a go at tidying up those area you think might need it first. Look at the model, and then look at the PICTURES. The camera will always show-up little bits that the eye doesn't notice, and it makes life a lot easier when trying to correct things. In some of those shots, if it wasn't for the background, and a few minor things, that Golf looks real!
Once you are happy that you've got it looking neat, then take your time, and mask all the areas you don't want to hit with the gloss, especially the windows and wheels/tyres. Then, spray the gloss carefully, giving it thin coats, rather than one thick coat. Be patient, and let it dry in-between coats. With two, at the most three, even coats, the difference will be incredible - it'll look like a factory finish!
Remember, the bigger the scale, the more work that is needed.
But the main thing is - PATIENCE - it's not a race, and good models take time. The more care, and time, put into it, the better the finished model will be.
Looking forard to seeing the results Rob!

Well it won't ruin them as such, but it will look a bit distorted, even with Future, at this stage. Much better to clean them, mask them, then spray. It's not as hard as it looks - just mask, then CAREFULLY trim any excess tape off around the edges, using a SHARP craft knife. When you remove the tape, after the gloss is TOTALLY dry, give the 'glass' a bit of a polish, preferably with cotton wool. It should then contrast with the rest of the body, and look real. I think you'll like what you see.

sounds like a plan! thanks, Terry! :D I'm gonna take some pics of the concept Camaro I just airbrushed.

I can add to Terry's post that the "glass" of models has a bad feature and gets as much the dust as possible when applying glass cote.:( As a result it looks like dirty matt glass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back