Revell B747 Ed Force One

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

nuuumannn

Major
Oct 12, 2011
Nelson
Hi Guys, bought this since I'm a fan of the band and the cost of the desk top models were waaaay expensive; this cost a pinch over 25 quid including shipping to NZ, through eeeee-baeee.

Ed%20Force%20One%20kit%2001_zpsehiwhfgw.jpg

It's big. The desk top 747 is 1:200 scale. CD didn't come with the kit, just there for scale and because its kewl.

Ed%20Force%20One%20kit%2003_zpsd1vkzgul.jpg

Instructions are quite clear and easy to follow:

Ed%20Force%20One%20kit%2004_zpsudqhqijl.jpg

The decals are nicely rendered, especially the fin:

Ed%20Force%20One%20kit%2005_zpsyobjgpcn.jpg

Thus far I have found a few niggles however. The aircraft's nose is incorrectly profiled for that of a 747. From the windscreen to the radome is a straight line, but on the kit it is a curve with a slight bulge halfway down. Not prominent, but quite distinctive in profile if you know what to look for. Also, the 'Iron Maiden' lettering covers the top deck windows, which are cut out of the kit, but the decals don't reflect this, so they'll have to be trimmed to fit round the windows. take a look at the photo below and then look at the decal sheet to see what I mean.

Ed%20Force%20One%20Chc%20-%20Copy_zpsxgr04ccz.jpg

There is also quite a lot of flash, particularly in the windows, which will be quite fiddly to cut out. This is all I've found for now.

Since I'm not that great a modeller, I'm going to spray the fuse satin white and hand paint the wings, like a desk top type model. It'll be finished in a flying pose and I'll make a stand out of scrap metal.

Could you put the Iron Maiden down first, and then the windows on top? I've copied decal sheets and cut the paper up to check fit and issues like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back