Revell 'Flower Class' Corvette re-released.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My Grandfather was in the Merchant navy and was sunk twice in the second world war, the first time he was picked up by HMS Scate which he described pretty accurately as the oldest RN destroyer in WW2, the second time by a Flower Class Corvete HMS Peony.
He was also sunk once in WW1 but we don't know the details.

He would have loved to see a model of this class of vessel. He described these vessels to my mother as the most beautiful ships he had ever seen. I can understand why in the circumstances

....I've spent six years , on and off, doing one of these as an rc model.
The original kit really needs a lot....the weaponry in particular is pretty ordinary. Finally they bring out a photo etch version without doing the ladder that goes up the mast.....beats me.

If you Google 'great little ships' or 'dj parkins' you'll get a site that can replace virtually the entire kit in photo etch. All you use from the kit apparently are the four hull sections and the two halves of the funnel. Make sure your credit is good tho...;)
Another firm is Sirmar, who make nice pieces, and cheaper. I used a lot of bits and pieces from a couple of airfix MTB kits.
Now I'm trying to work out how to rig a working model.....looks a bit weird without.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back