Revell Fokker Dr1 1/28

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yozimbo

Airman
Mar 10, 2009
Athens
Hi all!

Just a quick question, a friend bought the Revell Fokker Dr1 1/28 and he wonders whether there is any photo-etched or aftermarket kits out there for it...
A quick search at Hannants and e-bay turned up nothing...
Anyone knows of any kits available?

Many thanks guys!

To tell the truth I haven't heard about these additions to the kis.This is of non-standard scale.So there can be a problem with them.

Last edited:
I doubt very mich if there will be any aftermarket parts for this kit. It was originally released, along with a Camel and a SPAD, back in the mid 1960's. It seems to be one of those being re-released under the 'Classics' banner by Revell.
I haven't built this kit, but if it's anything like the Camel, which, at the time, was very advanced, the kit detail should be rather good, if the moulds haven't suffered, and additions should be minimal and fairly simple to scratch-build.

I've got the DR1, bought it about 15 years ago. Still in the box...:oops: Nice kit. I'm gonna do her Black.....someday.

I have the SPAD XIII. Still nicely molded and with decent detail. I suggest you'll be looking at scratch building what you need if you're looking to throw the hangar at it. There's minor details on the SPAD that will require that but that's the nature of these open cockpit larger scale birds. You haven't much choice. At best you can find an obese pilot figure in 1/24th and snuggle him in. Nobody'll see anything in the cockpit then. I'm kidding. Just kidding.

Thanks for your replies! I didn't think either that there would be anything for it...
I'll tell my friend to stop being lazy and start scratch-building the details :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back