Revell Junkers 88 A1 1:32scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Welcome to the site, Bad Cat, nice to have someone from Arnhem.
Nice work once again Mr.G, I reckon you must now be an official employee of Junkers Fluzeug Werke!!

thanks for the replies.. and also a great welcome to Bad cat :) looking forward tos ee some of you builds :)

and yes..i am actuallrunning the Junkers Flugzeug werke location gardermoen with the Ju88 in 1:1 and the Ju 52 in 1:1..and ofcourse my own GuttWaffe squadron of Ju 88 1:32..hehe

sitting here plundering with the wings..and i realized i had some small lightbulbs from a railroadmodell ( H0 scale ) and that was the same size as the lightbulb in the wings..so i drilled out the "lightbulb" in the landinglight and attached the real lightbulb.. just a test..if it doesent work like i want to the real lightbulb will be just as good.. but perhaps thinking of wireing the modell so the poweroutlet is comming out where the grounpower unit should be attached.. will see what i do in the end.. just playing with some ideas
but it looks kinda cool

Attachments

• light.jpg
    light.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 87
I do like your little extra touches Guttorm! You hinted that Revell are looking at another of your 1:1 aircraft, could it be the Heinkel by any chance, or can't you say?
Boy, that would be something, a Heinkel III in 1/32nd scale !!!

well..its al in the ideaform so far..they have a list of our aircrafts..( i send that over yesterday )and they want to do another..it seems that it might be anothet Battle of Britain..but nothing is decided yet, but I am working for the He 111 P2 that we have as that is a early heinkel with daimler benz engines and also the same type that took part in BoB..and i think that would be the best choiche..but as soon as its clear what will be made and its given a go i will let you know :)

and thanks for the comments :) i am playing with some ideas for this Ju88build.. will see how it all ends up.. :)

Hi 88 she,s looking awesome mate i like the idea of the wing light .Nice to see you have slowed down a bit my freind HeHe going to do some more to my bird today before i have to sleep for the night shift tonight .Welcome badcat.BB

the one in the kit ( U4+TK ) sank in jonnsvannet ( lake jonnswater ) in trondheim during the campaign. several 88`s was later stationed in trondheim
Kg 30 by the way..and most likely if your grandad saw that plane if he lived there during WW2 :) so the kit is based on the trondheim 88 ;)

and yes..had to slow down now with this build..to get the details i want..i am making my own little diorama with thisone and have cut up one of the original floorboards ( not usable in the real A/C ) to small wodden beams that i will make a "tarmac" out of..as the germans used wodden ebams for theit A/C many places ( including trondheim ) :)

and thanks for the comments :)

ta-dahhhhh

winglight is up and running :) and parts getting ready for assembly :)
did this a different way..doing all parts side by side..masking and painting before i glue them together..and man..that si so much more easy :) why dident i think of that befor :?:

Attachments

• light 002.jpg
    light 002.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 85
  • kit 002.jpg
    kit 002.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 83
strange way to build a kit..this is just a dryfit.. but the winglight is working..now i need to buy that startercart so i can put the wires thru that :)

the eletrical wires are comming out the same hole the ground power unit ( startercart ) should be attached

Attachments

• light 003.jpg
    light 003.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 84
Now that is really cool mate thats an interesting way of construction i like that idea cos the plane is a real pig to mask up when its together .Ihave now started to decal my bird but i am having probs with silvering any tips anybody i have tried decal fix with not much luck .BB PS keep the pics coming Gutt.

Great stuff Mr.G! Will there be any problem with heat from the lamp affecting the plastic?
BB, Decalfix is not bad, but I find it rather sticky, and only of limited use. Have you gloss-coated your model? The best bet is Micro Sol and Micro Set - brilliant stuff! If you can only get one of them, get the 'Sol' - I have a feeling they're the same anyway _ but at least that way, the decals will settle down without silvering. If you haven't used it before, follow the instructions CAREFULLY! The decals WILL crinkle etc, and you might be alarmed at first - this is normal. (The crinkling, not the alarm!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back