RIP CHUCK YEAGER! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

:pilotsalute: RIP, General. Thank you for your service and for inspiring generations of aviators after you.
Who else could fly chase for a rookie checking out in the Douglas Sky Rocket, save his ass when he screwed up, then come out with a one liner like "How do you hold with rockets now, Son?" as you slow rolled your Sabre one wingspan above Muroc Dry Lake? Pure class, Sir!

Last edited:
I have posted this "reunion" photo before but I think it appropriate to do so again.
Bell2.jpg

I saw him give a little speech at a Northrop family day revealing the B-2. Or maybe it was just a family day in Palmdale, too many years ago. It gave me a thrill, although I'm not too sure the family understood what he represented. It always amazes me how much trouble they had going through the "sound barrier" when now planes do it effortlessly. You had to be careful flying number two in extend trail formation performing a loop, basically chasing lead, in the T-38 as it was easy to go supersonic . That was a no-no. The only thing you noticed going supersonic was a dip in the air speed indicator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back