RIP HM Queen Elizabeth II (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Is the girl in the center a relative of the Queen?
She resembles her very much as though the Queen is still alive :salute:

Vigil_2022.jpg

Source: s://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjmQvJ56mno

Is the girl in the center a relative of the Queen?
She resembles her very much as though the Queen is still alive :salute:

Source: s://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjmQvJ56mno
Hi Shinpachi, its difficult to know exactly who you mean. The two small children are the children of Zara Philips (stood behind) daughters of Princess Anne, Elizabeth II daughter. The young blonde, partially hidden with wavy hair is Lady Loise Windsor, daughter of Prince Edward (son of Elizabeth II) and Sophie Wessex (extreme left).

1663437168597.png

Pictured: Princess Eugenie (back left), Princess Beatrice (back right), James, Viscount Severn (centre left), Lady Louise Windsor (centre right), Peter Phillips (front left) and Zara Tindall (front right)

I'm glad they have finally allowed Harry to wear uniform. Despite all the controversy (with both), the fact that the two (Princes Andrew and Harry) who actually served in combat as opposed to just in uniform, were prevented from wearing their uniforms wasn't cool.

Hi Shinpachi, its difficult to know exactly who you mean. The two small children are the children of Zara Philips (stood behind) daughters of Princess Anne, Elizabeth II daughter. The young blonde, partially hidden with wavy hair is Lady Loise Windsor, daughter of Prince Edward (son of Elizabeth II) and Sophie Wessex (extreme left).

View attachment 687255
Pictured: Princess Eugenie (back left), Princess Beatrice (back right), James, Viscount Severn (centre left), Lady Louise Windsor (centre right), Peter Phillips (front left) and Zara Tindall (front right)
I can name her Lady Louise Windsor now.
She looks almost reincarnation to me.
Thank you very much, pbehn :thumbright:

I'm glad they have finally allowed Harry to wear uniform. Despite all the controversy (with both), the fact that the two (Princes Andrew and Harry) who actually served in combat as opposed to just in uniform, were prevented from wearing their uniforms wasn't cool.

In fairness, while he didn't serve in combat, William was an actual search and rescue helo pilot for a number of years…and that takes its own special kind of bravery (IMHO).

Harry wasn't allowed to wear the uniform in the procession, only.
He, like Andrew, was stripped of his rank and service, so no loner serving is why he couldn't march in the procession in uniform.
The King, the Prince of Wales are still in service holding a rank.
At the viewing, like Andrew, he was as an Ex serviceman able to display his rank and service.
A sticky situation, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Much of the Queens looks came from her mother, Elizabeth Bowes Lyon, also an aristocratic family, her father was Lord Glamis. Wherever her looks came from, there is no doubt her charm and humour came from her mother, who was also a very formidable woman.
View attachment 687627
Thank you very much, pbehn.
I remember her as the Empress Dowager but did not know that she was so popular with the British people.

Nothing would be jeopardised.

How do you know that for certain? I'm sure there probably won't be, but again, we just don't know what might happen.

It's no insult to move on to the next stage, now that she has.

Why? Like I said, there's no benefit to this than to suit the motivations of egotistical politicians. The financial burden of changing things is entirely unnecessary for a government dealing with a precarious economic situation derived from a world affecting pandemic, infrastructure refurbishment from earthquakes, floods and other natural disasters that regularly affect these shores - the cost of living in such a lovely place, I suppose. That and other political hot potatoes, like rising unemployment, a rampant housing crisis, health service and education funding deficiencies etc... The public wouldn't stand for the cost waste. NZ'ers are too sensibly frugal for that sort of thing. Like I said, the government of the day was heavily criticised for the waste of money over the flag debate, and that alone cost 25 million, just for a referendum to change the flag.

Last edited:
Thank you very much, pbehn.
I remember her as the Empress Dowager but did not know that she was so popular with the British people.
When she was born Elizabeth II, was not supposed to be queen, her uncle was the next in line to the crown. When her uncle Edward abdicated his brother (Elizabeths father) became king George VI. As his wife Elizabeth (Bowes-Lyon) was Queen Elizabeth, but when her husband died, her daughter became Queen Elizabeth, this left the UK with two Queen Elizabeths, so the Queens mother was always known as Queen Elizabeth, the Queen mother. If it was known what would happen, Queen Elizabeth would have been given a different name, at birth.

She was massively popular, during the war two people are credited with motivating the British people to fight, one was Churchill, the other was the Queen Mother. When Buckingham Palace was bombed she said "I'm glad we've been bombed. It makes me feel I can look the East End (of London) in the face." When it was suggested that the family move to Canada for safety she said "The children will not leave unless I do. I shall not leave unless their father does, and the King will not leave the country in any circumstances whatever,"

My bold to clarify, it was the East End of London that suffered most from German bombing. When the Queen was young the Queen Mother was the "nations grandmother" as the Queen herself eventually became. Some more of her quotes, she had a great way with language Queen Elizabeth Quotes On Her 15th Death Anniversary

Just seeing news of the Typhoon in Japan, Stay safe Shinpachi.

Last edited:
When she was born Elizabeth II, was not supposed to be queen, her uncle was the next in line to the crown. When her uncle Edward abdicated his brother (Elizabeths father) became king George VI. As his wife Elizabeth (Bowes-Lyon) was Queen Elizabeth, but when her husband died, her daughter became Queen Elizabeth, this left the UK with two Queen Elizabeths, so the Queens mother was always known as Queen Elizabeth, the Queen mother. If it was known what would happen, Queen Elizabeth would have been given a different name, at birth.

She was massively popular, during the war two people are credited with motivating the British people to fight, one was Churchill, the other was the Queen Mother. When Buckingham Palace was bombed she said "I'm glad we've been bombed. It makes me feel I can look the East End (of London) in the face." When it was suggested that the family move to Canada for safety she said "The children will not leave unless I do. I shall not leave unless their father does, and the King will not leave the country in any circumstances whatever,"

My bold to clarify, it was the East End of London that suffered most from German bombing. When the Queen was young the Queen Mother was the "nations grandmother" as the Queen herself eventually became. Some more of her quotes, she had a great way with language Queen Elizabeth Quotes On Her 15th Death Anniversary

Just seeing news of the Typhoon in Japan, Stay safe Shinpachi.
The typhoon seems to be sliding northward a little bit.
Thanks for such a detailed information, pbehn. Very interesting :)

How do you know that for certain? I'm sure there probably won't be, but again, we just don't know what might happen.
Under what circumstances would it get jeopardised? Most of the Commonwealth are already republics (as of June 2022, 36 out of the 56 member states were republics) and yet things continue. To try to imply that countries such as NZ, Australia or Canada becoming such would jeopardise Free Trade Agreements or otherwise is ridiculous beyond belief.

To try to imply that countries such as NZ, Australia or Canada becoming such would jeopardise Free Trade Agreements or otherwise is ridiculous beyond belief.

No one's implying anything. The fact is, and I do agree with you here, it isn't likely to happen, as I said in my last post, so keep yer knickers on, we don't know what might happen. Anything else is simple supposition. That more Commonwealth countries are republics therefore NZ Aus and Canada should be too is presumption beyond belief, given the current global financial state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back