Royal Aeronautical Society Presentation on British and German WW2 Piston Engine Development & Impact on Aero (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Deleted member 68059

Staff Sergeant
Dec 28, 2015
As some of you know I`ve been writing a book about WW2 engine development for the last five years (this hopefully the last one!) - this research has proved very popular and
Back in 2018 I was invited to present my research at Ferarri Formula One in Maranello and the Renault Formula One factories in both England and in their engine plant in Paris.

The Royal Aeronautical Society have now invited me to speak at their London HQ in December (its a way off yet ! haha), you need to book
in advance here:

WW2 Fighter Aircraft Piston Engines - How British Management Excellence Succeeded

I would like to make it clear that this will NOT be a case of "bash the Germans" despite the title, it is merely an informed deconstruction of
what went wrong for them with respect to engine development, and more importantly why it happened that way. The focus given the
society its for will be on how the engine developments affected the aircraft systems, although some mention is of course made of the
engine issues themselves in isolation.

I hope to meet some of you there.

Attachments

• CALUM.png
    CALUM.png
    493.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 2019-01-18 16_45_31-Home Page - Calum Douglas.png
    2019-01-18 16_45_31-Home Page - Calum Douglas.png
    291.7 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
I once visited the metallurgical testing institute in Rome to do SSCC tests at elevated temperature, there were bits of "Ferrari" all over the test benches which they mentioned and then ushered me quickly away from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back