Russian warhead alters course midflight in test

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

wow, your correct.

The article to me means that the russians are trying to build better missles than the United States. Everybody knows what happened the last time this was tried, the United States built a missle and the russians would build it too or the Russians built a missle and the United States would copy it. Of course this almost led to Worl War III.

If it just starts out like this, we may be looking at super-sophisticated weapons of destruction that can't be stopped by anything.

Meaning....

World War III.

i guess sdi will have to move to the mk2 version but they are probably working on the mk 5

I would think that a huge ammount of money and assetts is being wasted on the whole combined nuclear arsenal each side has.

The Russians would be far better off to spend money on conventional forces, not strategic nukes.

syscom3 said:
The Russians would be far better off to spend money on conventional forces, not strategic nukes.
Given their current financial situation, they probably see just the opposite. They probably see nukes as their "ace in the hole" against foreign aggression. To them, it's likely far better in the long run to spend money on a few missiles as opposed to having to build up and support a large conventional force. It's all in your point of view, and I think that's how they're looking at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back