S boat Captains

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ralphwiggum

Airman
Mar 15, 2008
Are there any famous S boat captains in WW2? I can't find any info on them:(

google atlantik-pirat

find the forums and then login and look for the very extensive link on Schnellboots; the finest on the web I might add, there is more here that even in some books

Bernd Klug, Niels Bätge, Klaus Feldt, Karl "Charlie" Müller, Friedrich Kemnade, Ritter von Georg, Nicolai Baron von Stempel, Götz Freiherr von Mirbach, Hermann Büchting, Georg Christiansen and Heinz Birnbacher.

Last edited:
Ralph, there were several S-Boats in the US Asiatic Fleet used in the first few months of the Pacific War. Check out the S-Boats guarding the Philippines.
A few of them sank several Japanese ships-one even sank a destroyer I believe. I don't remember their CO's names, but I'll check it when I get the chance.

Isn't S-boat or E-boat an exclusive term for german vessels? (Schnellboote)

To my knowledge RN boats called MTB or MGB and and for the US Navy PT boats.

There was a class of U.S. submarines known as "S-boats" (a.k.a. pig-boats) well before WW2.

IMHO the most famous of the USN S-boats, the subs, was S-44 with torpedoed the IJN CA Kako off New Ireland near Kavieng in August 42, even if Ralph probably wants info on KM S-boat captains but Don already gave that.

again check out the link I gave plus the Ritterkreuzaträgers thread, some of us have interviewed personally, the KM Schnellboot arm is something I have had an interest in since the early 1960's just like the LW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back