SA Model Expo (Adel) 2007

Undoubtedly it's Nieuport.But I prefer Spad. Anyway very nice model.:D
 
Large Scale jets up next!....
 

Attachments

  • A-10A_7704.JPG
    A-10A_7704.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 99
  • A-10A_7705.JPG
    A-10A_7705.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 110
damn fine work on that warthog!
 
Great looking Warthog. I have seen the real article up close and personal many times while working in close proximity to them and this model looks so real its uncanny. IMHO its a teeny bit shiny.
 
More than a teeny bit. And while I'm complaining about Picasso's work, the starboard engine cowl looks either like it can be hinged or was not properly sanded. The engine joint is pretty shoddy to for such a well done bird. Certainly not the caliber of work that many of the others are at this show.

But then again, compared to my skills... I am not worthy. It is easier to criticize than to DO. So Bravo on the A-10.
 
Oh... and what's with the asymmetric ailerons/trim tabs? Is that a normal configuration with the flight controls??? And note this modeller did a pilot. That I suspect has to be somewhat out of the ordinary for such a large scale.
 
Matt I would say from the engine attachment that this modeller is still getting things right, but doing a good job in other areas...and heading in the right direction, I think!
 

Attachments

  • A-10A_Engine area_7705.JPG
    A-10A_Engine area_7705.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 110
Matt I would say from the engine attachment that this modeller is still getting things right, but doing a good job in other areas...and heading in the right direction, I think!

You got that right, Wayne. Just seemed like such an obvious mistake for an otherwise fantastic build. I wonder if perhaps there was some damage in transit to the show and this is the result of an expedient repair. :dontknow:
 
Actually, Matt that's not a bad thought, a definite possibility that damage has occured??

I have had another look at the original images and while there are some other things I can see that probably indicate a moderate level modeller for want of a better word, as well as including a pilot..which is not the norm.

The "damaged" area is not consistent with the rest of the finish, so you may well be correct mate!!:)
 
Tomcat comin' up!
 

Attachments

  • F14A_7703.JPG
    F14A_7703.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 98
  • F14A_7710.JPG
    F14A_7710.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 97
  • F14A_7715.JPG
    F14A_7715.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 97
that's a hot lookin Tomcat!
 
Actually, Matt that's not a bad thought, a definite possibility that damage has occured??

I have had another look at the original images and while there are some other things I can see that probably indicate a moderate level modeller for want of a better word, as well as including a pilot..which is not the norm.

The "damaged" area is not consistent with the rest of the finish, so you may well be correct mate!!:)

Hell yeah!! I'm bonafide!

I think I will have a beer now.
 
nice tomcat!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back