Sage Brush

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A4K, you must be a youngster. :) There's some plumbing and a faucet there, so it's a fara faucet...i.e., Farah Fawcett, the busty, toothy blonde with big hair from the 70's-80's.

CD

Okay, a simple one for today, mostly making some fun of aircrew (which is plural for "Air Crude" as a female forecasting friend of mine used to say!).

CD

Attachments

• 11JUN08.jpg
    11JUN08.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 167
I won't make any comments about tapping Farah!:shock:

I know this drawing isn't timely, being that Christmas is months away, but I'm running it anyway (only 5 more to go, anyway).

CD

Attachments

• 12JUN08.jpg
    12JUN08.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 134
Yeah, RabidAlien, it's been a couple of years since the last one left McGuire AFB. In my post-retirement job, I work with a teacher who is a loadmaster on a C-17 at McGuire. He flew one of the last 141 missions from McGuire.

The C-17 is a very capable bird, but it doesn't have the gracefulness of the 141. Still, anything that keeps McGuire open is good for us.

CD

Aaron: Why not print them out and give them to him? If you want, PM me and I'll put them in a ZIP file and e-mail them to you.

I had the great fortune to be the "Group Weather Officer" for the 616th MAG, Elmendorf AFB, AK, and got to ride on the 17TAS C-130's to several remote Alaskan radar sites. A great bunch of guys and a delightful aircraft! Some of those sites had runways that butted up against mountains; as the FLIPS said, "Successful missed approaches improbable". Slight understatement!

CD

*LOL* Sounds alot like the runway at Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii. The Navy has a squadron or two of P-3's over there (my ex was with one of the squadrons). The takeoff was no prob, it headed out to sea. The landing, however....the planes had to come around from the south, almost brushing up against the mountains. Dunno of any accidents because of that, but I've heard tales of leaves being found in the underbelly after a rookie tried to land.

Sad to say, a 130 didn't make it into Sparrevohn AFS shortly before I arrived. He was carrying a trailer full of fuel, too. We had to fly right over the burn spot on final.:(

CD

Attachments

• 16JUN08.jpg
    16JUN08.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 165
A little bit of explaining on this one: AFM (AFR) 35-10 was the reg regarding physical appearances, including haircuts and grooming. Men's mustaches had to be within the vermillion corners of the lips and couldnt' overlap the lip (Don't ask me about women's mustaches!:shock: ).

CD

Attachments

• 19JUN08.jpg
    19JUN08.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 157
All good things must end, so this is the last of my collection. It's either 6 months early or 6 months late; you make the call!

It's been a pleasure sharing these with you guys!

CD

Attachments

• 20JUN08.jpg
    20JUN08.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 122
RabidAlien, I've looked and looked. I wish there were more.:cry:

I DID run across the following site though:

Reasoner

The art work is typical Sage Brush. Beyond that, I have nothing more. I would love it if someone else could find --- and post--- more Sage Brush.

CD

Enjoyed seeing "The Sage Brush" again. I never knew the artist, Lt. Col. Ed Cook, but being a former Associate and Supervising Editor of "The MAC Flyer," I was very familiar with his work. He was the best at capturing the military "gallows" humor associated with flying in the Military Airlift Command. My personal favorites were his rendering of a haggard helo driver with the words of the late CBS newsman, Harry Reasoner, down below entitled "Helicopter Pilots Are Different." You can still google that and find a copy on the internet. The other was one with Santa in a Base Ops Snack Bar talking to another pilot about maintenance issues entitled, "Parts Plus Three...How About You?" You didn't have to be a heavy driver to get the drift, but it helped. Merry Christmas to All!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back