Satch sues Coldplay!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Agree with all here

pretty dam similar ,shows you how much skill Satriani has ,as he plays it on his guitar

Seems a slam-dunk to me. I think that they could use that clip in the case. The only argument would be if it was accidental or deliberate. Judging that the timing and notes are identical, I think Colplay will be hard pressed to claim "innocent coincidence".

I've seen the man twice. Equally blown away both times.

every musician has come up with some awesome before realising its someone else's.

my bet is Coldplay took the melody and tried to run with it, on the basis instrumental rock isn't a mainstream market. Kinda forgot Satriani has sold over 10million albums worldwide.

Its not a money issue though, its a purely ethical one which needs to be won by Satch.

Like I said my bet is Coldplay tried to run with Satch's melody assuming no one would notice.

However I'm no way a fan of Coldplay but don't underestimate the skill to create a good pop song. They are simple yes but keeping variations and new ideas flowing can be diffiult and very defeating if it doesn't work for you.

I reckon the coldplay lyrics and the satriani instrumental would be awesome

Funny you should mention that!

I just heard the comparison on "John Gibson", he played the tape of "Viva la Vida" with Satch's guitar overlaid. The two tracks fit together like hand glove! Sounds like a blatent ripoff!

I am with Satriani here! Why can't people come up with thier own ****!

Don't get me started . . . . oops! Too late . . .

I spouted off a while ago in another thread about contemporary music. One of my co-workers is a 21-year old punk who thinks hip-hop is a gift to music; all I hear is angry words about beating women and shooting cops. IMHO, most new music (what the kids are listening to these days) is written purely to make a fast buck; write some repetetive lyrics, sample an old rock song, get a famous rapper to rap in the background, come up with a catchy tune, and you've got yourself a money-making hit. Trust me, nobody will be listening to that song in a year or so, it will be so "yesterday". I am STILL listening to classic rock from the '70's '80's.

(what the kids are listening to these days) is written purely to make a fast buck

Couldn't agree more ,lyrics to the majority songs these days are a load of sh!t

just written to sound cool and flow but mean nothing and also as you said to make money

I prefer music that has meaning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back