Hi Chris, I'm still up and about - can't sleep due to streaming eyes and sneezing like a demented sneezing thing!
Anyway, I've checked my refs, and didn't have what I thought I had! It's all later period stuff. I can post some info on specs, but there's more concise info, with pics, and colour walk around pics. at the sites shown below.
The first one is a preserved RNZAF SBD-2, with specs, and some good colour detail shots.
The second is the recovery from Lake Michigan of BuNo 2106, now in the Pensacola Museum, and shows the rear gun mounting.
The final one is from Cyber Model, and has a colour walk around with some excellent detail shots that should be useful (real, not model!)
The sites are:-
Kiwi Aircraft Images : Douglas SBD Dauntless
http://hsfeatures.com/features04marinesat midwaypart1
www.cybermodel.com/aircraft/sbd
On the latter, you should see, on the top left of the page - SBD, Photo Walk Around.
Click on that, and there's a load of good shots.
Hope this helps mate.