SBD engine cowl assembly drawing

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

lee1974

Airman
81
25
Jun 1, 2020
Trying to locate a higher resolution image of the attached sbd engine cowl drawing. Unfortunately the image i have is too small to be able to read any of the measurements, angles. Many thanks
 

Attachments

  • SBD-Cowling-Assembly-Drawing-small-2048x341.jpg
    SBD-Cowling-Assembly-Drawing-small-2048x341.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 87
Air Corps only has a copy of 5066085, which is for the A-24, and the SBD -2,-3 and -4. OP's drawing doesn't match it. Even though you can't read the drawing number, the microfilm index code is readable and not the same either. It could be 5055964, which would be for the SBD-1, and it's not in their library.
 
Thanks guys, will keep trying to track it down..
If you can find out from the original source, what the actual drawing number is, that would be a huge help to you. I suspect that one of the three companies I mentioned would have it, otherwise you need the drawing number and will have to source it from NASM. Sourcing from NASM will take several weeks to months, depending on current research request loads. Last time I ordered from them, it took about 6 weeks total for obtaining the drawing lists that I was after.
 
If you can find out from the original source, what the actual drawing number is, that would be a huge help to you. I suspect that one of the three companies I mentioned would have it, otherwise you need the drawing number and will have to source it from NASM. Sourcing from NASM will take several weeks to months, depending on current research request loads. Last time I ordered from them, it took about 6 weeks total for obtaining the drawing lists that I was after.
This was the source of the image: SBD Dauntless - Engine Cowl Trial Fitting | Military Aviation Museum Will try get in touch with them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back