school putting down Boyington

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I couldn't agree more R-2800 but the media gives them credit and as such we have to put up with the bleating of mindless sheep. But like sheep they get clipped dipped and shorn. Getting angry with mindless fools like that does nothing just gets you angry for nothing over an idiot. And I take it you are no fool. So in your own way celebrate the life of Pappy Boyington and men like him. Much better to think of Boyington and pay him honour and respect in your own way then worry about Miss Fluff and her bleating of the lamb

but the terrible point is that money talks and it is in the hands of liberal media pushing the vets out, and in a matter of time all we will have is memories, old photos and some news ~ film clips basing the opinions for the younger generations to follow. Even my age group taking part in viet nam will be gone and forgotten soon enough, and the school age kids don't give a rats behind in any regard anyway

Everyone acknowledges that academia is a firm bastion of american liberals. I remember when this first came out - pissed me off. The media may be in the hands predominantly of libs erich, but american popular sentiment is not in sync with the media. Defintely won't be forgotten.

But if we collectively remember people like Col Boyington. If we remember the Vietnam Vets. If we remember the ANZACs (Aussie and New Zealanders) at Gallipoli. If we Remember the British Tommies and US GI's. If we remember the Gallant Canadians holding the Japs back at Hong Kong in 1942. Then to hell with those small minded fools who want to deny our history. Sites like this one and War Memorials world wide Museums and the like for example Imperial War Museum and the Australian War Museum continue to operate. then those appologictic nitwits who want to disgrace the memories of gallant men like Boyington. Gentlemen, those nit wits have failed. Because WE WILL REMEMBER THEM, LEST WE FORGET. WE WILL NEVER FORGET and the fools lose

that is the problem then ............. IF

vets and my genration even are dying like flies after a hard frost. as soon as the WW 2 generation is history in 10 or so years you watch new history text books becoming available with hideous non factual events. in Nam J. Kerry will look like a bloomin hero

wait and see. You young guys educate yourselves as much as possible on past events and then share it with your children .........

that is the problem then ............. IF

vets and my genration even are dying like flies after a hard frost. as soon as the WW 2 generation is history in 10 or so years you watch new history text books becoming available with hideous non factual events. in Nam J. Kerry will look like a bloomin hero

wait and see. You young guys educate yourselves as much as possible on past events and then share it with your children .........

I hate to say but I think Eric has hit the nail on the head. If history is written by the winners, then those in power in 10 or so years will rewrite it for their own edification. And the PC bunch makes more noise than the rest of us. Far too many of us do keep our mouths shut, citing another persons freedom of speech. Unfortunately, many times that does not cut both ways. We call Boyington a hero and we are called warmongers. They call him a killer or murderer and they are held up as PC versions of heros.

Education is the trick and that takes patience. The patience to explain where somebody is wrong. Most of the time you're not talking to the person who is spouting PC BS. Most of the time you are talking to others that may be listening. The PC types are not going to change, but others may not be convinced that the BS version is right.

I guess it comes down to walking the walk after talking the talk. You gotta be willing to deal with it in other places than this board. If your will to do that, make sure you have you facts straight...'cause odds are the PC bunch doesn't and are counting on others not knowing the difference.

I suppose this echos a sad trend where there was a survey of British school children and a large percentage couldn't name the WW2 leader of Britain, and some even put Adolf Hitler!!! I am Australian and I know that it is Winston Churchill. WW2 sadly seems to be receeding and the fact is that the extremist groups are getting support from those that say totally no to war. Unfortunately sometimes drastic action is needed to remove a weed and a cancer right at its root. That's just the way things are...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back