Scientology

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

For the low, low price of 50-100 thousand $, you too can become a class 3 Thetan, and learn the secrets of the Universe according to the Blessed Elron. Maybe you'll even become a 'Clear'.

BTW, the local library book sale was last weekend. While I was there, one of the librarians brought out FOUR boxes of brand new Scientology books donated by one of Hubbard's dupes...

JL

Loopy is an understatement...

Just seeing half the stuff ol' Elron talked about clearly proves the cheese slipped off his cracker a long time ago...

What really surprises me though, is that they don't join forces with the Tin-Foil Hat society and the Contrail Conspiracy theorists.

In France they're considered a cult, and rightly so. I've actually ran into two of these scientology individuals during a week-end stay in Brussels last year. They were passing out pamphlets. A small crowd of people had gathered around them to listen to them, and we all laughed at the insane stuff they were spewing, but at the same time we were surprised at how serious they were. Nothing would make me happier than to see these people go. Not one of the best American exports I'm afraid.

I actually read one of his books years ago, not realizing who he was. Mission Earth, I think it was. It was very strange. Half campy sci-fi, half comedy. The hero was a physically perfect, but mentally challenged fool. The writing was actually somewhat compelling, but the droned on and on meandering in its self-importance. If I recall correctly, this was the first book in a series that was ultimately turned into a Travolta movie that flopped. Never saw the movie. And never read any more in the series of books either.

Right Matt. The movie was "Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000". Saw part of it accidently while channel surfing.

An awful movie. On a scale of 1-10, it rates a 2.3 on imdb.com, and that's too high!

TO

Wow. This guy has been nuts for most his life.

From Wiki

In 1967, L. Ron Hubbard resigned as executive director of the Church and appointed himself "Commodore" of a small fleet of Scientologist-crewed ships that spent the next eight years cruising the Mediterranean Sea.[citation needed] During this time, Hubbard formed the religious order known as the "Sea Organization" or "Sea Org," with titles and uniforms.[115] The Sea Org subsequently became the management group within Hubbard's Scientology empire.[116] He was attended by "Commodore's Messengers"; teenage girls who performed various tasks for him, such as fixing his shower, dressing him, and catching the ash from his cigarettes.[117] He had frequent screaming tantrums and instituted harsh punishments such as being confined to the ship's dirty chain-locker for days or weeks at a time, or being bound, blindfolded, and thrown overboard.[118][119] Some of these punishments were applied to children as well as to adults.[120]

I want to know how to book a flight on one of those DC-8 type planes, that would be cool. And as far as foil hats go do you have to use the namebrand Reynolds Wrap or will a generic brand have the same effect?

i want to believe that the espoused Scientology doctrine is really a ruse on non-believers. Maybe they sit back.. drink beers and laugh that outsiders think they know what Scientology is about.

Sometimes the French get a bad press but in the paper today there is a report that the Scientology cult is being taken to court for fraud by the French.

I do hope that they lose. The potential claims are huge and I wold love to see them pay out for a change instead of fleesing their 'converts'.

Right Matt. The movie was "Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000". Saw part of it accidently while channel surfing.

An awful movie. On a scale of 1-10, it rates a 2.3 on imdb.com, and that's too high!

TO

NO KIDDING!! That movie deserves negative stars :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back