Scrapping the Stealths- Be prepare to get sad

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Saw it earlier last week. Even though those bad boys are 30 years old, they still removed stealth technology from them before being scrapped. Makes you wonder what the Russians got from the Yugo shootdown.

Russians keep saying the T-50 will be operational in 2014. I say BS. Or if it does, it ain't "5th generation".

I haven't any particular affinity to the '117, and I do understand that we can't keep everything. But I HATE to see an aircraft scrapped! At least there are a few examples left for history, so our counterparts in years to come will be able to view them in a museum somewhere. It's a pity the 'preservation movement' wasn't active at the end of WW2; maybe we'd have a Stirling, or a Condor, or a Havoc, for example. (Thst's with the understanding that, following such a devastating conflict, all people wanted to do was get back to 'normality', and didn't give a toss about hardware being preserved, and indeed wanted rid of such machines that caused death and destruction.)
I hadn't realised it was so long ago that the 117 first took its 'first steps'. Time certainly does seem to pass quicker as you get older!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back