Sir. I would fly with you ANYWHERE. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

k9kiwi

Staff Sergeant
Jul 2, 2006
Kiwi Land
Now this here is just damn funny.

Attachments

• FriendlyFire.jpg
    FriendlyFire.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 213
I sure as hell wouldn't maneauver my 100ft 15ton helicopter right down into those who were firing at me. "Frindlies" or not. I'd wait and not jeopardize my crew for my own bravado.

Matt308 said:
I sure as hell wouldn't maneauver my 100ft 15ton helicopter right down into those who were firing at me. "Frindlies" or not. I'd wait and not jeopardize my crew for my own bravado.

Suspect the heat of the moment took over.

This incident allegedly happened in April, 2003. This was told on BBC24, was pulled after a couple of repeats.

Hunter368 said:
Thats pretty funny. mmmmm I wonder he was winning the fight before it was broke up? Brit or Marine? :lol:
If he was a "West Coast Marine," I'd put my money on the Brit, if he was a "Paris Island" Marine, I'd guess the Brit got pounded...

Matt308 said:

Actually standard procedure is to turn into what is fire at you in most cases, because the signature is smaller and less of a heat signature. Whenever we had small arms fire come at us, we went over and got em.

Depends on the situation and your mission as well. If you had a company of people shooting at you, ofcourse you would get the hell out of there, but in most cases it is just a few guys and youve got more fire power them most of the time.

Vassili Zaitzev said:
Jeez, wondered why the marines fired on the helicopter? Theres no Iraqi airforce left.

Not true the Iraqi Airforce has been reformed and has helicopters and light aircraft. They are also recieving some C-130s now.

As for the firing. It happens. The guys on the ground are nervous, besides if this happened in 2003, that was during the war against the Iraqi military and they still had helicopters. We found several Iraqi Hinds that got shot down in the Palm groves around Balad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back