Slow frame rate 1946

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

VALENGO

Senior Airman
Why 1946 runs "frame after frame" with extremely high video settings even in a super PC? I have do all that says the manual in pdf, but it is setting "not too high" video modes. I.e.: is there a PC in wich 1946 can run at top settings?

What is your PC's specs. If anything just try turning some of the settings down and then see how it runs.

AMD Athlon 64 x 2Dual Core 5200+ 2.7 GHz
2 Gb RAM
ATI Sapphire 256 Mb

Well, I`m right now more ease, not the only one with troubles. As I said, Wen I turn down some settings it goes better.
I think if maximum settings are intended only for beautyful screen shots and not for playing.
Thanks for the help to all of you, boys, and let`s fly with less trees.

The box says SAPPHIRE 2400 PRO 256 Mb, but I insist that my doubt was if I`m the only one with this problem. I keep thinking that top settings are for top screenshots and not for playing.
Well, thanks again.

If you use DCG:
set your plane max to less than 50 planes
set your Squadron Density Setting to Moderate/Sparse

Also get IL2 Manager/Mat Manager etc. which have good settings for editing your graphics for instance you still can set your display setting to "perfect", but tweak little things like tree/water quality

I play at full settings
My PC:
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)
CPU Type: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ @ 1.70 GHz 1.70 GHz
4GiG DDR 800 Ram
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
Video RAM: 743 MB

edd

Once in a while I play at top settings (Open GL, perfect water), and it runs well, but after a half hour of play is when comes the slow frame rate. I believe now that with my old PC was the same situation, maybe a card overheating?
(I`m not expert in hardware, don´t know if I say something stupid about this).
Eddie: what is IL2 manager?, I don`t know it.

If the slow frame rate occurs in the manner VALENGO just described, it could be a memory issue. (ie exceeding the Graphics card's on-board memory and utilizing normal RAM, or worse, exceeding RAM as well and utilizing Virtual-Memory -hard-disc space- which will really slow things down)

You should be able to check by opening task manager while the game is running and checking memory usage. Memory usage seems to build up as you play the game (particularly when switching missions etc.), but if you quit and re-open it memory usage will be down to normal again.

Background processes unrelated to the game, most likely.

Install this:

AlacrityPC

To stop all unnecessary programs while you play.

Your specs are too good to be the problem. My pc is about three times worse and plays Il-2 respectfully with excellent/medium settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back