Some Cool B-36 Footage with Interceptors (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I actually got a chance to enter the one at the USAF Museum in Dayton OH back in the Mid 1970's. Our math teacher was an Ex UAAC & USAF & SAC Bomber Pilot That Flew B-24's over Europe, and B-29, B-50, & B-36's for SAC in the 1950's. He managed to get us to take a overnight class trip to the USAF Museum, pulled some strings (he had served with the director of the museum at the time) And we all got to spend 15 or so minutes inside the B-36 until some of us got caught riding the trolley back to the gunners compartment. I won't go into who's idea that was as I would have to plead the 5th Amendment! ;) But I was not one of the ones caught back there.

Thanks for posting it!

Seeing as how I'm apparently on a B-36 kick of late, how often do we get to see inside one of these behemoths?

There was a B-36 on display at the former Chanute AFB when I attended weather equipment maintenance training in the 1960's. Legend was it had been damaged while landing and the fuselage was a bit shorter than originaly designed. Rumor was that although padlocked industrious students found ways inside for amorous liaisons with willing local Rantol girls. I would'nt know but they probably were the same sort of ruffians who moved the P-51H from its hard stand to the quad center one dark night.

There was a B-36 on display at the former Chanute AFB when I attended weather equipment maintenance training in the 1960's. Legend was it had been damaged while landing and the fuselage was a bit shorter than originaly designed. Rumor was that although padlocked industrious students found ways inside for amorous liaisons with willing local Rantol girls. I would'nt know but they probably were the same sort of ruffians who moved the P-51H from its hard stand to the quad center one dark night.

I picnicked with a great gal under the wing of that -36 one fine June afternoon in 1989, while in fire school.

I got the chance to see it up close and personal just after it arrived.
11-01-12 4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back