Some humour from a British "friend" (very loose use of the term!)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Tony Hill

Tech Sergeant
Nov 21, 2008
South West, Australia
What do you call and Australian with "100" against his name on the score board?

....A Bowler

What do call an Australian who is good with Bats?

...A Vet

What do you call an Australian holding a bottle of Champagne?

...A waiter

Why does Australia have a large Wine Surplus?

...No Openers

Ponting has JUST walked out to the centre when Ian Botham rings from the UK on a Mobile Phone, off plan, at peak time,

"I want to speak to Ponting please"

Sorry, he has just gone out to bat

"That's OK, I'll HOLD"

Well, some Pom would have posted them anyway.......

And of course the Aussies never took the micky out of the English whenever the situations were reversed, did they?

Actually, I do feel for our Antipodean friends because the Aussie cricketers did put up a truly dismal display. It can't have been fun for them to watch. #-o:crybaby:

I loved it though.:evil4:

Well done to Andrew Strauss and the boys on an excellent performance. =D>

They were running most of those off on the radio on the final day. Boycott and Vaughan were having a good laugh at them and they are good. :lol:

That being said the Mitchell Johnson song is pretty good too....

"He swings it to the right and he swings it to the left. His bowling is complete and utter shite"...

Voted the WORST Australian team in history on Ninemsn.

Of course, to paraphrase Dorothy Parker....."THEIR target audience runs the full gamut of IQ's from A to B"

Voted the WORST Australian team in history on Ninemsn.

Well at least they succeeded at something!

To put this in context, my dear old mum, who's 81 (bless her!) and has no interest in sports was talking about England's victory in the Ashes series. I've never heard her talk about cricket before. Now THAT's amazing!

To put this in context, my dear old mum, who's 81 (bless her!) and has no interest in sports was talking about England's victory in the Ashes series. I've never heard her talk about cricket before. Now THAT's amazing!

I think it is a very healthy thing for Cricket and definitely a healthy thing for a society, to have an ebb and flow of success. Successful societies that begin to believe their own "press releases" or "share" their success too widely are soon in decline...Celts, Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, British Empire, Japanese, USSR.... and there I will stop...anything past that will just start arguments. ;)

D

Should I...............
lol-022.gif
..........should I ................
crying-022.gif
..................or should I just be...................
sad-012.gif
..................and .............
sad-025.gif
.............with envy.

Well done you pommes, the glory is all yours..................
Australia.gif

Darryl,

I fear you may have started an argument already...but we'll leave it there!! :lol:

Vic,

Now you know what us Poms have been feeling for all these years! But thank you for your good grace and magnanimity in defeat. I hope we don't succumb to a "superiority complex" and get a drubbing in the near future because we haven't prepared properly.

In the meantime, Rule Britannia!8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back