Some new ww2 pics found

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I dunno. Half those pics have been around awhile. Check the burning plane on the carrier to the pic posted in the "oops" thread. And some of those pics in the Pearl harbor series did not come from a sailor's brownie camera. Some are very well known and often published pics.

But some of are very cool and I haven't seen before. Thanks!

Those "new" pics made the email chain letter loop years ago. Most of those photos appear in many of the books in my library.

Thought that the "lost brownie camera" story was pretty funny.

Steve

Yep. And notice that they are from different theatres - and different armies! Sort of beats the idea of coming from one person!
Many are very well published photos, seen over the decades in countless books. Just choosing one as an example - it's even captioned incorrectly; the rockets heading towards a bridge. First, the caption states 'HARVs' - this should read HVARs, BUT! They aren't HAVRs either, they're British 60lb RPs, fired from a Typhoon, and somewhere I have the info giving the location, date, Squadron and pilot!

yeah dug around a bit,I've seen a bunch of them all ready,but there were a couple I had never seen,what the hay....:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back