"Somewhere in Italy" - new 15-th AAF book

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

CATCH 22

Staff Sergeant
Sep 15, 2006
Canada
Received information about this book in my email-box:
cover-trim-no-fold-front_cover-81cd3b2d-9cd0-470f-bb23-3f765afc31e4.jpg

Written by a B-24 navigator from the 758BS. /459 BG. it describes the last year of the war in Europe.
Check the link below for more information and pricing:
Somewhere In Italy
For 15-th AAF "aficionados" it will be a great read.

Glad to see more appearing on "The Forgotten Fifteenth" besides the Tuskegees, who by actual count probably have more Google hits than the rest of the 15th AF combined! When I was writing Forgotten Fifteenth an 8AF guy whose name many would recognize said, "Why are you writing about them? They were down there in Italy."

I said: "Because they helped win the war."

My wife's uncle, John Fox, was a Liberator pilot in the 8th and flew the Black Cats (Black something anyhow) that dropped clandestine people and things into Europe. For a time he was with a squadron that was co-stationed in Italy with the 15th. I have read some 8th Air Force history but I feel this squadron was short changed, and that the 15th's historian might not have paid them too much attention, either. I have seen his logbook, though. Quite amazing to be able to read a pilot's actual handwriting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back