Soviet aircraft manufacturers....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Excellent Wayne! Great info there! So there really was some 'truth' in that ridiculous looking bomber drawing I posted earlier after all. Thanks!

Crazy paranoid times...

Great drawings, Waynos! The first drawing is like a Soviet B-36, even more than the Tu-85. I thought I knew most everything about the Tu-4, Tu-80, Tu-85, Tu-95 family (and let's not forget the Tu-75), but these are news to me. I suppose these were "way stations" on the path to the Tu-95. What source did you get these drawings from?

Venganza

They are from the 'Secret Projects' series, in this case Soviet Bombers since 1945, there is a companion volume on fighters too. I would love to scan and post all the exotic designs, mock ups, models and prototypes it features but I don't thinkt hat would be fair on the authors, rather I would recommend you to get a copy if you can. Needless to say there is much more to Russia's attempt to emulate the B-36 than the 2 drawings here. I now wonder what else is out there?

Thanks for the information, Waynos! You're right about it not being fair to the authors to post all their pictures; I will try and get ahold of the books.

Venganza

Users who are viewing this thread