Special Purpose Panzers.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It would be useful to clear the way...8)

2511.jpg

Was that a recreation of something? It bears a resemblance to that German robot that they used to clear mines, what was its name? Can't remember. Would this have been similarly robotic or not?

That's the name I was wracking my brains trying to think of. It and the Goliath certainly bear a resemblance don't you think? It definitely looks like a German Robot and if it is a total fake, then it is a very convincing fake don't you think?

Attachments

• goliath.jpg
    goliath.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 100
I was referring to the lookalike that was carrying the rockets. I knew about the tank-destroyer packed with explosives but not about the Goliath rocket-launcher...

I was referring to the lookalike that was carrying the rockets. I knew about the tank-destroyer packed with explosives but not about the Goliath rocket-launcher...

Can you specify in wich post is the "lookalike" so we can be more accurate in our discussion ? thanks.

Gepanzerter-Munitions Zugkraftwagen MCG

Armored munition carrier. A tipical german rebuild vehicle, based on the trusty Somua 5 ton halftrack. The chassis and cabin were fully covered with 8mm chrome-moly steel plate. A total of 48 build in 1943 and used to support the 75 mm pak self propelled tank-hunters of the panzer-sturmbrigade 200 operating in the defensive front of the Atlantic Wall, north of France.

Attachments

• munitionszugkraftwagen1.jpg
    munitionszugkraftwagen1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 128
  • munitionszugkraftwagen2.jpg
    munitionszugkraftwagen2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 132
Post 93 and 94 had that remote rocket-launcher that put me in mind of a Goliath.
They look like they could be from the same family.

I don't recall ever hearing of a Goliath based rocket launcher. The Goliaths were all (both gas and electric) remote controlled machines used as mobile mines for anti-armor or bunker busting...

Not saying there was never any made, just that I haven't seen mention of a rocket launcher version in any documents.

Last edited:
They would have pretty useless.
The real rocket carriers could carry the rockets a number of miles before firing them.
The Goliaths had to transported themselves to where they would be used. That and they would have a capacity of about one rocket. The Germans might as well have loaded a single rocket launcher on a hand cart and moved them that way.

There were no rockets carring goliaths, that is clear, the concept of it might be interesting but surely difficult to use in actual combat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back