Special Purpose Panzers. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yup, it was a very useful vehicle, at list to reduce the big dependance on horses that the german army had in the East.

Selbstfahrlafette für 28-32cm Wurfrahmen auf UE(f)

Means the Wurfrahmen 40 on a French Renault UE Chenillette tankette.
The captured french "Chenillete" ( lil caterpillar) armed with heavy caliber 4 round wooden rocket launchers, maximum range 24000 meters, was a tiny but poisonus panzer.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 438
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 247
No problemo. probably the Chenillete with rockets wasnt ever used in combat but training , you can see the face of Rommel just like saying "with this garbage we suppose to stop the allies". :)

Schwere Wehrmacht schlepper.

The "heavy tractor for the armed forces". sWS was produced from December of 1943 to March of 1945 by Büssing-NAG and Tatra. Vehicle was designed as replacement for Sd.Kfz.6 and Sd.Kfz.11, but only 825 were produced Each vehicle had an armoured cab (8 to 15mm). Small number was mounted with 37mm Flak guns (3.7cm FlaK auf sWS) and 150mm Nebelwefer launchers 15cm Panzerwerfer 42 (Zehnling) auf sWS). Majority were mounted with truck type cab, while from mid-1944, number was equipped with factory mounted armoured cab - known as Gepanzerte Ausfuehrung. sWS was build in post-war period in Czechoslovakia as Tatra T809.

The SWS was yet again other effort to get rid of the massive use of horses and wheeled vehicles, unsuitable both for the road conditions in the eastern front.

Attachments

• he177.jpg
    he177.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 213

Selbstfahrlafette für 28-32cm Wurfrahmen auf UE(f)

Means the Wurfrahmen 40 on a French Renault UE Chenillette tankette.
The captured french "Chenillete" ( lil caterpillar) armed with heavy caliber 4 round wooden rocket launchers, maximum range 24000 meters, was a tiny but poisonus panzer.

That would be a typo, the 2400 yds was the value.

Cool vehicle nevertheless.

Cool stuff, CB!

I look at all the attempts by the Heer to hurry up and solve the vehicle problems of the Eastern Front after they started thier offensive and it just shows how poor thier preparation for that offensive really was.

It would seem to me that if they took the time to do a little research, they would have discovered that the poor conditions in that region have been that way for as long as people have inhabited the area...and most recently, the destruction of Napoleon's army.

Going in thiking that the offensive would last a few months was stupid to say the least.

That would be a typo, the 2400 yds was the value.

Yes it is, I can spare a zero. the real range was 2400 meters. :!:

Cool stuff, CB!

I look at all the attempts by the Heer to hurry up and solve the vehicle problems of the Eastern Front after they started thier offensive and it just shows how poor thier preparation for that offensive really was.

It would seem to me that if they took the time to do a little research, they would have discovered that the poor conditions in that region have been that way for as long as people have inhabited the area...and most recently, the destruction of Napoleon's army.

Going in thiking that the offensive would last a few months was stupid to say the least.

Thank you. Just the othery days I was seeing the DVD "Die Fronstschau" and is a section called "Vormarsch" ( advance on road ) and is disturbing the quantity, enormous quantity of carriages used in the Barbarossa operation, simply ridiculous, is no surprize theye were stuck in there.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a137/Langnasen/Field-kitchen-1940.jpg

A photo of the SWS with gas operated 37mm Flak 43. The vehicle was used as auxiliary flakpanzer( a slow one)

Attachments

• he177.jpg
    he177.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 187
Ammunition carring tank based on panzer IV for the "Karl Gerät" 600 mm howitzer.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 242
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 229
Great RSO pics:p

Minenraumer!:shock:

Attachments

• tral2.gif
    tral2.gif
    22.9 KB · Views: 176
  • minenraumpanzeriiivr7.jpg
    minenraumpanzeriiivr7.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 172
During 1918 the Heer occupied Belarus, Ukraine, the three Baltic States and the Caucasus. I think it's safe to say the German army of 1941 knew all about the poor transportation network in that part of the world.

Great RSO pics

Minenraumer!

Yes, special indeed, the big ugly mine clearer, however that remained as prototype only.

During 1918 the Heer occupied Belarus, Ukraine, the three Baltic States and the Caucasus. I think it's safe to say the German army of 1941 knew all about the poor transportation network in that part of the world
True, but still in 1941-45 the main supply vehicle of the german army was the "pferdenwagen", horse carriage.

Some more pics of the RSO I found on my harddrive. Got plenty more, just let me know if you wanna see more..

Attachments

• rso_trailer_woodhaven.jpg
    rso_trailer_woodhaven.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 215
  • RSOTatzelwurm.jpg
    RSOTatzelwurm.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 176
  • lem_rso_2.jpg
    lem_rso_2.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 176
  • woodhaven_stz5_07.jpg
    woodhaven_stz5_07.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 166
  • dsc00254_copy.jpg
    dsc00254_copy.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 177
  • dsc00250_copy1.jpg
    dsc00250_copy1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 181
  • Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1972-096-13,_Raupenschlepper-Ost_mit_Anh%C3%A4nger.jpg
    Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1972-096-13,_Raupenschlepper-Ost_mit_Anh%C3%A4nger.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 154
  • Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-023-3496-29%2C_Russland%2C_S%C3%BCd%2C_Raupenschlepper_mit_Gesch%C3%BCtz.jpg
    Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-023-3496-29%2C_Russland%2C_S%C3%BCd%2C_Raupenschlepper_mit_Gesch%C3%BCtz.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 162
  • 000001700.jpg
    000001700.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 155
  • rso_sch.jpg
    rso_sch.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 176
  • rso_copy.jpg
    rso_copy.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 202
  • lem_alleg.jpg
    lem_alleg.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 158
  • lem_rso_copy.jpg
    lem_rso_copy.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 154
  • rso22.jpg
    rso22.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 178
Thank for the pictures Soren.

Actually it was the railroad just as it was during WWI. Horse drawn wagons were used only for the final few km from the nearest field railway.

Tha was in the western from, the war was fought mostly in France and Belgium who had shining railway lines. In ww1 the germans añlso fought in Poland, Belarus, Ukraine, Rumania , Bulgary, Latvia, Estonia, ain the Russian itself, teh east was always ( still is) more primitive in its transportation system.

How the RSO compares with, say, Opel Blitz in a man-hour cost to be produced?

Actually a RSO took lees time to complete than a Opel truck.

One more photo of the munitionpanzer, this time feeding 54cm ammo.

Attachments

• he177.jpg
    he177.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 220

Users who are viewing this thread

Back