Spinners (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

muscoid

Recruit
Feb 24, 2008
western USA
The spinners on some Arado aircraft, e.g., the AR 96 and the AR 396, had some kind of expanding, flower-like front end. Does anyone know what these are or what their function was?

The spinners on some Arado aircraft, e.g., the AR 96 and the AR 396, had some kind of expanding, flower-like front end. Does anyone know what these are or what their function was?
My guess it was to improve airflow around the cowling and into the engine for better cooling.

From what Ive read on it they were used to regulate the variable pitch mechanism for the propellers but not sure exactly on how they work.

The Spinner called Rippenhaube. On a Hamilton Constantspeed Propeller the energy for the pitch of the blades comes from the engine oilpressure. The ARGUS propellers take the energy for the pitch of the blades from the airstream at the Rippenhaube. It is a mechanical constantspeed propeller.

This is a scan from the manual of the ARGUS As 410 MA Motoranlage. It shows the parts of the ARGUS-Propeller.

This is a scan from the manual of the ARGUS As 410 MA Motoranlage. It shows the parts of the ARGUS-Propeller.

Attachments

• Argus-Verstellluftschraube1v2.JPG
    Argus-Verstellluftschraube1v2.JPG
    355.4 KB · Views: 626
  • Argus-Verstellluftschraube2v2.JPG
    Argus-Verstellluftschraube2v2.JPG
    223 KB · Views: 507
HI,DOLPHO,if you're still around,I wonder wether you might produce more
about the "rippenhaube" system from ARGUS,your pics state Mechanischer
regelung,but I don't find the control means that might show on other pages?
I got copy of the basically identical system with hydraulic command,it's all
neat and clear...
Hope to read from you about this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back