spitfire accessories

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dave Brown

Recruit
Jan 12, 2009
I am in need of some assistance relating to a Mk IX Spitfire. Although I think I should explain first.

My friend is an avid railway modeller and is in the beginning stages of building a layout based in the mid 1940's. He knows I build models, so he has asked me to construct a RAF fighter of the era.

I have made scale models for many years (mainly big things with tracks and big wheels), and it is many years since I built a WW2 fighter so my references are shall we say non existant. Alhough I can obtain plenty of info of the net, when it comes down to accesories I am a bit shall we say lost.

The basic kit is the Italeri 1/72 Mk IX, so if anyone can help me and list any suitable etch or resin upgrades set and where I may be able to purchase them I would be grateful.

Thanks,

Dave.

Hi Dave,
I'm not sure if there are any resin or etch sets for the Spit IX in 1/72nd scale, although I must admit, it's not a scale I touch normally. It may be that some of the other guys might be able to help but, meanwhile, it might be worth having a look at Hannant's web-site. There are companies such as Aires, possibly Flightpath, and if they're still going, Airwaves, who might do something.

Try t find the Eduard 72288. Scale: 1:72 Spitfire Mk.IX Recommended : ITALERI

Also I found another set but I don't know its number.

Attachments

• Edu Spit IX.jpg
    Edu Spit IX.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 169
  • Eduard .jpg
    Eduard .jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 87

Users who are viewing this thread

Back