Spitfires or 5 Series Italian fighters (More beautiful)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice wing!
1copertina_G_-55-med.JPG

Nice painting!
Hunting_Party_by_Zoernig.jpg

sh72087reviewbg_box.jpg

Nice airframe!
gwp-g55-3d.jpg

Good looking!
0682137.jpg

FiatG55-1.jpg

5 Series easily.
Its different and stunning.

The Spitfire is ok, just boring.
Overhyped - Look at how the Poms go on about it.

Spitfires are not much of a lookers to me at all, later ones with bubble canopies are ok-ish, earlier are almost ugly to me. Best looking British plane in my eyes is the Hawker Tempest. So in this case I pick Italian stallions...

that G55 looks like theyve gone through the parts bin and put three different aircraft into one, it doesnt flow for me. The Spitfire is sleek and purposeful and beautiful curves.

I believe production continued after the war with a Merlin powerplant. They were sold to Middle Eastern countries like Egypt as front line fighters.

Better looking?

akward? they're as close to natural as you're gonna get! they're so pure they look like they could've been grown as one of mother nature's greatest creations, i would argue one of the most Beautiful machines man has ever created..........

"they're as close to natural as you're gonna get! they're so pure they look like they could've been grown as one of mother nature's greatest creations, i would argue one of the most Beautiful machines man has ever created"

Lanc's artificial testicles are causing quite a stir.

There was a post war evolution of of the Fiat G55 with Merlin engine, was named G59 and marketed as a trainer.
.. and had nothing to do with any French design !

As you can see it was a nice looking plane, but in my opinion the G55 nose shape with the inverted V Benz was much better
(pic from warbirds.co.nz)

Attachments

• fiat-g59.jpg
    fiat-g59.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 117

Users who are viewing this thread

Back