Spitfires or 5 Series Italian fighters (More beautiful)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

a different bird but there's been a Fiat G.46 flying in Britain since restored ni 2000...........

2696.jpg

This one is good.I forget from where.

g551cq4.gif

???

This is a thread about Spitfires and Series Fives.

It does not hold a candle to either.

that G55 looks like theyve gone through the parts bin and put three different aircraft into one, it doesnt flow for me. The Spitfire is sleek and purposeful and beautiful curves.

Along with spit's wing design, aerodynamics maybe what the G55 did better than most of the planes we're discussing here.In my opinion, the Reggiane 2005 is the coolest one.Compared to the spit is like comparing D&G vs Marks Spencer

Or say Sophia Loren or Gina Lolibrigida with ... (trying to think of a classic, attractive English actress) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... well, you get the point.

ZOE-45details.jpg

June, 1944. Sergente Maggiore Luigi Gorrini 1st Gruppo, 1st Squadriglia ANR engages P-47 Thunderbolts over the Italian mainland. A combat veteran since 1939, Gorrini began his career flying the Fiat CR 42 scoring twice in that aircraft. He also went on to fly the Macchi MC 202, the Fiat G.55 and here the Macchi MC 205 Veltro. His war record shows a total of 19.5 aerial victories, most of them in Serie 5 fighters. Unquestionably one of the most beautiful and powerful Italian designs of the war, the Macchi Veltro was powered by the Fiat 1475 hp Fiat RA.1050 RC 58 Tifone engine, and carried 2 Breda-Safat 12.7mm machine guns as well as a pair of Mauser 151 20mm cannon.

Tough call on this one. The Regianne Re 2005 is the best looking Italian fighter and I beleive it was quite successful the few times it engaged the Spit. But for elegance it has to be the Spit MkXI in Pru Blue(or pink if your so inclined). No cannons to spoil the lines pointed tail and pointed wing tips to complement and emphasis the elipses in the design with performance to match.

Perhaps the only fighter to eventually have a bubble canopy which looked better without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back