Squadron In Action Series

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Robert Porter

Senior Master Sergeant
I have never seen one so have no idea if this series is worth buying. The ones I am interested in are running around 18USD per. Would love to hear from anyone that has experience with this series.

In my opinion a great series. Some are better than others. The early ones were a little rudimentary, but they definately hit their stride a couple dozen issues in. The newer ones I have a problem with the detail drawings not being as clear as the older (middle) issues. I personally have over 100 issues and I never, NEVER pay more than $10.00 a piece and usually pay much less. Buy them from the used book market, Ebay or from the Squadron shop itself, where two recent sales netted me a few hard cover versions for under $5.00 each, though I think I like the softcover versions better ad they take less room. $18.00 is highway robbery. Hope this helps.

Yep, I'm with Jim on this. I mostly have the "Walk around" volumes and these have came in very handy for the detailing that I do. The In Action series in many cases have lots of detail pics and sketches that, in my opinion, would make more sense showing up in the walk around volumes so both subjects are good to have.

My source is often the vendor tables at local model shows. People (like us) who have accumulated lots of stuff over the years end up selling a lot of it off for very cheap. I don't think I ever paid more than 5 bucks for any of mine.

A number of years ago, Squadron had a huge sale on where they were selling them for a couple of bucks and I picked a bunch up there as well. This was before their shipping policy became ridiculous and I stopped buying from them since.

My source is often the vendor tables at local model shows. People (like us) who have accumulated lots of stuff over the years end up selling a lot of it off for very cheap. I don't think I ever paid more than 5 bucks for any of mine.

A number of years ago, Squadron had a huge sale on where they were selling them for a couple of bucks and I picked a bunch up there as well. This was before their shipping policy became ridiculous and I stopped buying from them since.
That is where I got the 18 dollar price, their website. Seems they have boosted the price a fair bit.

I struck out on my first used book store for these, but got some good books for cheap, so I think over the next few weeks I will make the circuit of the used stores close to me, there are 27 at last count of various sizes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back