STONA: Zoukei-Mura's Ta 152H-1 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

silence

Senior Airman
Nov 20, 2012
Yuba City, California
Just saw your great start-to-finish gallery and story on Scale-Models Forum (can I say that? If not, please excuse my ignorance).

Apparently there are/were optional accessories for the kit - such as photo etch for interior, one for the exterior, and a third for the flaps - the and I was wondering if you used any, or were pieces like the GM-1 tank included?

Thanks!!

Edit: searching further sites, it looks like you did not use any extras. Damn, that's a gorgeous kit (even with its problems) and your build looks wonderful.

Last edited:
Thank you very much. I'm glad you liked it.
I did indeed build it OOB except I think for a RB Productions harness. Like all Z-M kits there is a fantastic amount of detail which ends up hidden! I have been told that our fellow modellers in Asia like to pose their models "opened up" rather than the more realistic poses that we tend to go for.
Cheers
Steve

Awesome. You did a beautiful job.

They've recently re-released it - same sprues but new box art, and I've been wanting one for several years now.

I go back and forth between showing interiors. I'll prob do what I did for my 262U5 and just press the removable panels on so they can be removed. That way I can have the best of both worlds!!

There are as you've noted a series of extras including various figures as well for the Ta152H-1

This kit as Steve mentions has a lot that really can't be seen unless you open it right up, and you need to do lots of dry fitting as you go to ensure good fit...if you don't you will have alignment issues down the track... either in the multiple fuselage pieces or wing to fuselage fit.

You can see my ZM Ta152 in GB 13 in the group Build section of the forum....

And Steve, checked yours out too...well done mate! :thumbright:

Mine just shipped. Should be here Friday!

Wayne, I'm getting away from "quick builds" like 1/48 109s. I have a D-13 I'm customizing (switching the supercharger location to simulate a DB 603), the Meng Me 410 (lots of interior work plus planning on adding AAMs), a "third" Scharnhorst (upgraded main and light AA armament, slightly revised secondaries, upgraded electronics suite, transom stern). Plus looking forward to the 1/200 Bismarck.

I need seatbelts!!!! Safety first!!

Any recommendations?

I used the ones from RB Productions. I like them as they can be weathered very easily. I'm not a fan of photo-etch harnesses.

Stona: were your instrument panel decals real dark, darker than it seemed they should be?

I honestly can't remember thinking that. If it's a problem then you can get after market instrument decals from Airscale in the UK (airscale WW2 - Cockpit instrument decals,placards and bezels for RAF, Luftwaffe, USAAF, USN, Soviet and WW1 aircraft.). There may be a US equivalent or they could be shipped at letter rates.

Cheers

Steve

You'll be able to see the HGW range of seat harnesses at Hannant's - I think you'll like what you see!
And I agree with Steve regarding photo-etched belts - about as useful as a chocolate teapot !

Just for something different I'm using a real light green (Humbrol 90) for the cockpit interior. At Stona's suggestion I also ordered the Airscale individual dials.

Now here's the stupid question: should/are the rings around the dials a difference color than the basic panel itself? Like a gray or black?

Now here's the stupid question: should/are the rings around the dials a difference color than the basic panel itself? Like a gray or black?

The bezels of German instruments were coloured as a sort of colour code as to what they measured (engine, flight etc). I'm sure that this was much reduced or even abandoned by the time the Ta 152 was produced and that most were black.

I'll try to check.

Steve

I found some pics i'm using for the bezel colors -blue for o2, red and yellow for oil and something else...

Heh - for some reason I thought the RB seatbelts came assembled!! Oops!

Just for something different I'm using a real light green (Humbrol 90) for the cockpit interior.

The cockpit interior would be RLM 66 which is a dark grey. The late war version had a slightly blueish hue due to enforced changes in the formulation, but remained a dark grey.
Cheers
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back