Stormraven Gunship (Games Workshop, 28mm)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

BombTaxi

Tech Sergeant
Nov 27, 2004
Barnsley, S. Yorks, UK
Not content with just doing the Voodoo, I've started this up as a little side project:

100_1646.jpg

This is one of GW's ever-expanding line of plastic vehicle kits. The Stormraven is a kind of 41st millennium Huey Hog, being able to land a full squad of Space Marines in enemy territory and provide fire support for them. The kit includes 116 parts including 4 different hull weapons options, three turret weapons options, landing gear up/down and iconography for two different Space Marine Chapters. Which is just as well, seeing as it retails for £41...

A few sprue shots. Apologies for the flash, but the light in here is grim by the time I wake up for work.

1. Major hull and wing components

100_1706.jpg

2.Thrusters, engine details, doors and ramps

100_1707.jpg

3. Guns. Lots of 'em. Also turret and tail parts, and crew

100_1708.jpg

4. Hull sides, engine pods and chapter iconography (Blood Angels and Grey Knights)

100_1709.jpg

5. Transparent parts and flying stand

100_1711.jpg

6. Generic Space Marine vehicle decal sheet

100_1713.jpg

As these are designed to be extensively handled and played with, the plastic is thick and tough, but fairly light. Previous experience with GW kits has been perfect fit, very logical assembly sequence, and plenty of detailing options. For the price, you would expect no less, but it's nice to see them deliver on it every time.

Will post progress shots as I go

Cheers

BT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back