STUKA pilot, (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

joy17782

Airman 1st Class
Jan 25, 2008
logan ohio
8) theres a book out there called that by col. hans_ulrich Rudel . I read the book when i was in my teens, ive look for it on book web sites for 2 years now , if any one of you have the book and want too sale it please let me know , willing too pay top bucks for it , paperback or hard dont matter , i have 3 ju_87d s in my model collection and one is modeled after his plane before he became a tank killer, please let me know ,:painting: :painting: thank you my e mail is [email protected]

i will trade you my girlfriend for it , she is very cute, and she a cpa she does taxes , shes 31 and has no kids

I will trade you my girlfriend for it, she is very cute, and she's a cpa...she does taxes , shes 31 and has no kids

No thanks. I've been married to Edna Mae for 52 years, and knew her
years before we got hitched. We went to Jr. High School together in
the early 50's. Believe me, she's a keeper.......

Besides... what would I do with a woman of 31 ? My daughter is 47 !

I didn't notice how much the book was, but on Amazon.com you can buy
new or used, hardback or paperback.

Charles

hey thanks a million i just bought it and hartmanns book, both for around 100 dollors that shipping and handeling , it will get here tuesday , too bad im out of town thank you very much !!!!!!!!!!!! im so happy i can just about lay a gold egg , i tried amazon about a year ago but never got a hit , thanks again there cheese

Hey Joy, if you're gonna be outta town, you can ship it here! :twisted:

BTW, what else will you trade for the GF? :)

Yeah, I just finished it recently, a real good read. - It really bought into focus how fit & devoted to duty some become, I was impressed. - He was the highest decorated of ALL German pilots, yet he didn't come over as a Nazi - I've also got Hanna Reitsch's book to get into sometime soon. I read Rudel's straight after I had finished an Il-2 Shturmovik pilot's story, "Red Star against the Swastika" - Wow, quite a unique comparison of Ground-attack styles and that Russian 'grit yer teeth' style of war. - I also have an ancestor who flew & died flying Typhoons, I have read extensively on them and their Tempest collegues.
- Got to say tho', those Russians real flew low, low down...- Another one ready in the blocks now is about "Soviet Airwomen in WW2 combat", and the Foreword is by John Ericson from University of Edinburgh, a man I highly respect, have often seen him in History Channel programmes, he is an esteemed authority on 'Conflicts'. ~
It all broadens the knowledge of Human Nature ~
Cheers

HPB | Search for Stuka Pilot They have it for $1.56 plus shipping

A friend of mine met Rudel. My friend was a USAF officer, accompanying the Thunderbirds on a tour of South America around 1960. In Argentina he had dinner with Gen Rudel two nights in a row, naturally being fascinated with him. On the second night Rudel was grousing about the loss of his leg, blaming it on the "Jewish doctors." My friend replied, " Now General, you just lost you leg. They lost 6 million people."

Rudel replied, "If you vill go vith me to Paraguay I vill introduce you to someone who can give you the correct number."
My friend got up and walked out. You don't have dinner with people like that.

I bought my friend a copy of Rudel's book.

Crimea_River, you got that right!

".... that doesn't hide the fact that he was, in fact, a devoted Nazi."
Agreed .... Hitler's favorite pilot FWIW :). But, that doesn't hide the fact that he was a devoted warrior and very skilled.
An east Prussian Lutheran preacher's son .. like Michael Whitman, IIRC.
Communism was the supreme evil to be feared and destroyed ... it threatened Germany ... it threatened the United States and Canada ... disruption and fake news .... sound familiar
If you or I had lived through the revolts and nasty street wars in Germany (1918 - 1933 off and on) we might have seen communism in a different light.
I don't blame Germany for taking on the Soviet Union ... I blame them for Nazi racism ... and resultant use of slavery. Unforgivable. Arrogance.

Last edited:
Well-explained ! - In being the only recipient of their highest award can only really be construed as being an "ardent Nazi" and it appears that this was so - What I read from his book was that he was indeed "a devoted warrior & very skilled". The comparison to Micheal Wittman is really good too, because he was so very similar, my having read about him also.

- Communism was especially feared in Europe because it threatened the Established Class Order of Imperialism that led to those revolts & street-fights - This is what "sounds familiar" to me today with this sudden growth of the "Haves & the Have-nots," which is engineered racism - Germany has never forgotten the invasion of the "Mongol Hordes" and mid-1941 heralded Hitler's greatest mistake in opening-up another front by invading Russia... It again is Germany that has opened up Europe, a largely Christian group of countries, to an invasion of Islamic 'migrants' who are potentially good slave material for the "Haves" and will create havoc with the population - I find this very troubling, because this is unforgivable and smacks of the same sort of arrogance....

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back